Jacket sizing ...

Mandangelo

Registered
Anybody out there about 6'4"ish 210 lbs ? If so what size jacket you sporting ? Looking to get one from Ebay and dont want be bidding on something that won't fit...

Im assuming Xlarge in the 48 range... But looking for some board advice..
biggrin.gif

Thanks..

<!--EDIT|Mandangelo
Reason for Edit: None given...|1139414698 -->

Best bet is to go try some on...Find one you like then search the net for the best deal. It is hard to say "Well if you are this big then you need this size" As alot of jackets say they are one size but fit very very diffrent. So that is my .02. And it is also how I shop for my stuff

Yep, you gotta go try them on. A XXL in Joe Rocket does not seem to match a XXL in ICON (at least for me).

6'4" 215 34" waist.
I have a size 46 Joe Rocket I bought from NewEnough. It fits well. If it didn't I could have returned it for one that did.
smile.gif

best advice as everyone already stated.. go into a store.. with a small piece of paper and pencil..

try on different jackets.. see if the carry the same model you want on ebay..
write down teh size and price (including tax)

go on ebay.. find the same size.. include shipping price..

so if final price is 15% cheaper on ebay get it..
i prefer to buy from store if its only 10% more or so..
just my opionion.. (might be able to return it.. etc)

and also.. try to wear the same kind of clothing underneath the jacket.. if you are wearing a heavy sweatshirt.. that will make it feel different..

right now is probably the best time to do some shopping around for motorcyle gear.
smile.gif

one more... sorry..

remember you want the jacket snug.. not like a jacket you would wear out in public.. if that makes sense.. but may sure not to tight underneath your arms/

Great info from you guys, totally appreciated, and your all right going to the "Stealer-ship" and doing so "fittin" is the best move, I just hate going there, too much sales BS..

Later gators..
tounge.gif

Bc

newenough.com is yery helpful in the fit department. In the description of the product they give you an honest writeup on the product and guidlines on size. Great people to deal with and their price is always low. Some jackets, like the other members said, run up to 2 jacket sizes smaller than others, so as they have suggested, it's best to try a particular brand on before ordering. Thats what I did. Good luck.

type.gif

It also depends on your style of jacket as to how they fit. Your Icon fit a bit more baggy and dont have zippers to attach pants. I am 6ft 280 and wear a 4xl in Icon now but that is to fit some winter clothes under it. In the spring I will be hunting a 3xl A-Stars jacket. So personal style will also come into play. I fit mine by trial in a store and then ordered from newenough and saved a nice little penny or two.

Anybody out there about 6'4"ish 210 lbs ? If so what size jacket you sporting ? Looking to get one from Ebay and dont want be bidding on something that won't fit...

Im assuming Xlarge in the 48 range... But looking for some board advice..  
biggrin.gif

Thanks..
Sounds like you're in the range of LT - XLT and not every dealership will have those on their floor. Good luck on ya!

Back