average sized hayabusa owners?

I'm 5' 10" 240#'s and i'm eating 4 pieces of papa johns pizza and 3 pzza hut bread sticks right at the moment :laugh:

For a 6 foot 6 guy like myself would it even be worth the try to get a 'touring' windshield or just get a double bubble to have the wind on the chest? (And lift the windshield up high enough that the risen up bars won't scrape off of the stock windshield.)

::waits on answer with notepad::
For someone 6' 6", the double bubble is essential, IMO. Not just for the wind protection, but so you can see the gauges!! Im not nuts about the physical look of the DB compared to the stock screen, but it makes a big difference in a couple of ways.

What's involved with doinng the TL1000 pegs? Heard they were better than the buel pegs also.
I wonder whats better about the TL1000 pegs? I dont think you could go much lower than the Buells without having scraping issues. Anyone know what the deal is with TL pegs vs Buell pegs??
Us skyscrapers wanna know!!!

Last edited:
Noy sure either. May just be the install. from what I get from SweetTeaMan, there are no modifications that need to be made to the tl pegs. They just go right on.

U will use the existing bolts from the pegs, purchase the shims that go with the pegs. Install goes like this, take off pegs by removing retaining clip on bottom, remove bolt and tension spring. Place shim inside tension spring, slide peg into place on shim/spring, place on rearsets,slide bolt in, replace retaining clip. Not much time difference in install between buel and tl peg mod.
Posted via Mobile Device

6' 7" 210-220lbs. w/o gear. I still got a waistline under 40 beee-yachez:moon: AND I'm over 30!:cheerleader: *its from all tha crack I smoke!*

#1 comfort mod was the Tobin Seat:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown: cant say enuf about that thing.
also did Vortex rearsets after running Pro-Tek pegs for awhile; the Adj. rearsets make a huge difference in how long my legs can stay tucked w/o cramping.
no bar risers, but twisted the levers n switches to angles that dont tweak my wrists, helps a bunch.
been using nothing but Zero Gravity double-bbl screens...dnt think i'll be changing it anytime soon either.:whistle:

6'-0'' 245# It seems the fatter I get the more comfortable I get . With a tank bag and my gut I'm proped up on the tank like i'm watching tv in bed. Alwaysright has me on a diet so I may have to get some mods soon.

Back