Auxiliary driving lights

Greetings from NZ

I have a 2016 'Busa and am thinking about fitting auxiliary driving lights as a lot of our roads a single or dual carriage ways, often with sod all lighting, white lines, marker posts etc and at night bloody hard to where the road goes or doesn't.

There is a wide range of LEDs on the market but most appear to be mounted down low on the front fender or brake caliper mount.

Has anyone fitted lights up higher, say by making a bracket to fit where the mirrors are mounted and mounting the LEDs off that bracket. Easy enough to do..

I don't need plate sized behemoths, just a set small enough to fit between the screen and mirror above the mirror stalk yet strong enough to singe the fur off a possum at 200m

any ideas? Anyone done this and if so what lights did you use?

regards

Chris

Greetings from NZ

I have a 2016 'Busa and am thinking about fitting auxiliary driving lights as a lot of our roads a single or dual carriage ways, often with sod all lighting, white lines, marker posts etc and at night bloody hard to where the road goes or doesn't.

There is a wide range of LEDs on the market but most appear to be mounted down low on the front fender or brake caliper mount.

Has anyone fitted lights up higher, say by making a bracket to fit where the mirrors are mounted and mounting the LEDs off that bracket. Easy enough to do..

I don't need plate sized behemoths, just a set small enough to fit between the screen and mirror above the mirror stalk yet strong enough to singe the fur off a possum at 200m

any ideas? Anyone done this and if so what lights did you use?

regards

Chris
Welcome to the forum, only lights like that I've seen are usually mounted lower like u said. Be sure to post some pics of your busa we like all things busa around here. @Kiwi Rider seems to be a lot of busas on that island that you haven't been sharing with us :lol:

@c10 and @pashnit had/have lights you might be interested in. And their setup doesn’t look anything as severe as this. :laugh:
21B0D602-DDF2-4E51-A85A-BC746231783D.png

Can not find photos of them on my Busa , but same ones mounted same place on wifes Bandit .
10 watts each in Spot not FLOODas flood lights up signs , and blinds people . Spot you get them where you want to see . Link to them

Bandit front.jpg
bandit brakes.jpg

Are those a new addition?? Don't remember ever seeing those before, of course I usually can't take my eyes off that tank so that might be why.
been on the bike for years LOL

cheers
ken

Back