Automatic Radar/Picture Units

FloydV

Donating Member
Registered
My question would be: How do they work. If they take a picture of the front of your bike, you're not going to have a license plate on the front, and a full face helmet obscures your face. How would you get a ticket?

If it took a picture after you passed, it could get your plate. On the other hand, if you saw a unit, couldn't you just stop and wait for another car to pass?

Frontal shot no problem, rear shot, they dont read motorcycle tags very well here,numbers are too small,they do work very good though,if youre in the nearest lane,youre pretty much caught.Thank our friends across the pond for this piece of technology.
wink.gif

Yeah, they use it all over Europe. People from there say getting a license is easier than keeping one.

We can thank AZ for this. If the courts uphold it, you can bet it will be coming to all the states, because of the revenue it generates.

I think it was someone on SH.org that said that there are covers that you can put on a plate that make it hard to read at an angle. They also said that cops routinely search parking lots for fast bikes with the covers installed. If they find one, it goes to the impound.

Then it depends on who you are,what country youre from,and how good of a job you do in convincing the court that youre sorry ,maybe you'll get the bike back.They are not very agressive here,but if they catch you dead to rights trying to beat them at their game,expect to get the book thrown at you.
wink.gif

I don't see how allegations can hold up without a positive ID of the driver.
Pictures of reg. tags are good enough now? I don't even see how pics of a driver can be good enough for a conviction. First twin accused ought to be the end of that.

Then it depends on who you are,what country youre from,and how good of a job you do in convincing the court that youre sorry ,maybe you'll get the bike back.They are not very agressive here,but if they catch you dead to rights trying to beat them at their game,expect to get the book thrown at you.
wink.gif
Is it Illegal to simply own the opaque covers...

David

on another note..
yes there are some plastic cover over the license plate.. to help.. make them unreadable.. or you can use .. the good old mud.. best technology.. if you can get it to stick on there...

an interesting point.. using OCR.. optical char recog... the license plate picture can be coverted to real usable data.. and then the database serached.. and you got the ticket mailed to you..

no human intervention.. who hoo.. more layoffs
sad.gif

Check around, there is a high gloss spary that goes on the plate that it makes it glare so bad you can not read it. I'll try to find the link but it's supposed to work and is not detecable.

I don't see how allegations can hold up without a positive ID of the driver.
Pictures of reg. tags are good enough now? I don't even see how pics of a driver can be good enough for a conviction. First twin accused ought to be the end of that.
I think this got thrown out by an appeals court before. But it just depends on what judge and what the political climate is, as to whether or not it stands as legal.

I know red light cameras are coming to Dallas. Those get a shot through the windshield and one of the rear. I'm not sure what triggers them. Seems like they would have to make a case for the owner being responsible for the vehicle no matter who is driving. Doesn't seem legal to me, but they must feel pretty sure to invest in the equipment.

If a face is necessary, you could always wear a Halloween mask LOL. As for motorcycle plates, I was trying really hard to read one a couple of cars away, and I couldn't make it out. Don't know what they can do with cameras though.

Does anyone know if it is legal to put the license plate in the rear wheel well and bend it to the that shape so it is impossible to rear unless you are directly behind the bike?

They are doing it in Iowa also. They ticket the owner of the car, but no points can go on the license because they cannot ID the driver. Now you have to be carefull who drives your car. In Illinois, they are using manned, unmarked vans in contructions areas to hit people HARD. They clock you with the inconspicuous van, then another trooper pulls you over down the road.

<!--EDIT|GSXTacy
Reason for Edit: None given...|1138657281 -->

This all sounds like B.S. to me. Another example of us hard working taxpayers, indirectly paying for something only to be used to fu*k us over.

Back