Aussie racing - a couple of shots

KennyMac

Registered
The boy and I went to the V8 Supercars that are in town at the moment for the Adelaide 500, the first race of the year. These are our rough equivalent to the NASCAR series but has much more in common with a touring car with the exception that they are mega modified. It is actually a production based job of the locally manufactered cars. I mean real local, about 15km away. These ones don't bear much reselmbance to their road going cousins though, running about 900hp or thereabouts.

v802.jpg

This thing is called an Aussie. They were real little and run a busa engine (I think). They sure sound like one. They keep the sequential box. I was pretty impressed, they were fast. This is a low cost way to get into the sport here, they look like a lot of fun. This young guy completely wrecked this car about twenty minutes after we got this pic. Shame really.

v803.jpg

This thing is called an Aussie. They were real little and run a busa engine (I think). They sure sound like one. They keep the sequential box. I was pretty impressed, they were fast. This is a low cost way to get into the sport here, they look like a lot of fun. This young guy completely wrecked this car about twenty minutes after we got this pic. Shame really.
hey they sell those here in the US at wal mart, they are branded as tyco or fisher price and run on pedal power, ahhahahaha, anyone else see the resemblence, maybe power wheels too...

-WHEELMAN

They are pretty stupid looking but suprisingly quick and agile. kinda like watching the 125 class. Cheap too. A competetive car costs about 40G. The young kids race em as an alternate to formula ford (160hp) and before moving onto formula holden (350hp) and ultimately V8s (900hp). I want one, excellent way to get the mail from the box or scare the crap out of the cat.

Back