Aug 18 or 19

CYCLEERIC

Biker Man
Donating Member
Registered
Trying to get a group together for a ride from Gastonia to Maggie Valley and the Wheels Thru Time museum. Foing to meet for breakfast then ride up to the museum to make a day trip out of it. Should be around 200 - 250 up and back. Will post more details later this week

New_pics_021.jpg

(rockadaous @ Jul. 29 2007,03:04) might be able to hook up on that one  
beerchug.gif

my ride just to get there
http://maps.google.com/maps?da....=9&om=1
Now that would be a good ride!!!!!!!!

If Sunday the 19th is better for most we will try and get together then. I'll check the site to insure that they'll be open on Sunday. If you guys have never been to the museum you will be amazed at what Dale has inside and I would say that 90% or more still run well. The last time I was there he started a 1932 and a 1936 Harley, nether took more than 3 kicks.

GASTONIA, NC
5. Take ramp onto I-85 S go 6.6 mi 8.3 mi
6. Take exit #10B/KINGS MOUNTAIN/SHELBY onto US-74 W go 11.6 mi 19.9 mi
7. Continue on US-74-BYP W go 5.6 mi 25.5 mi
8. Continue on US-74 W go 17.8 mi 43.3 mi
9. Take ramp onto US-74-ALT W toward FOREST CITY (US-64)/SPINDALE go 7.6 mi 50.9 mi
10. Turn LEFT on US-64 go 21.1 mi 72.0 mi
11. Arrive at the center of CHIMNEY ROCK, NC
CHIMNEY ROCK, NC

Distance: 72.0 miles, Time: 1 hour23 mins

CHIMNEY ROCK, NC
1. Starting in CHIMNEY ROCK, NC on MAIN ST go 2.0 mi 2.0 mi
2. Continue on LAKE LURE HWY go 0.6 mi 2.6 mi
3. Continue on US-74-ALT go 17.5 mi 20.1 mi
4. Take ramp onto I-40 W go 25.3 mi 45.4 mi
5. Take exit #27/MAGGIE VALLEY/FRANKLIN/MURPHY/ATLANTA/CLYDE/WAYNESVILLE onto US-74 W go 1.4 mi 46.8 mi
6. Take ramp onto GREAT SMOKY MOUNTAINS EXPY(US-19 S) toward E JONES COVE go 2.7 mi 49.5 mi
7. Take ramp onto DELLWOOD RD(US-19) toward MAGGIE VALLEY/CHEROKEE go 3.8 mi 53.3 mi
8. Continue to follow US-19 go 4.1 mi 57.4 mi
9. Arrive at the center of MAGGIE VALLEY, NC
MAGGIE VALLEY, NC

Distance: 57.4 miles, Time: 1 hour5 mins
Total Distance: 129.4 miles, Total Time: 2 hours 28 mins (approx.)

We would be meeting Sunday Aug 19th at the Petro Express at Hwy 321N and I-85 at 8:30am and leaving at 9:00am. The ride would take us through Lake Lure and Chimney Rock then on to Asheville and Maggie Valley. We will stop in Maggie Valley for lunch before going to the Museum. I figure we would be at Wheels Through Time for at least 2 hours then heading home the same route. Figure on being back in Gastonia about 8 hours later.

Let me know if you're interested in going

New_pics_021.jpg

(P-Willy @ Aug. 09 2007,13:57) I'd like to get down with this.
We'll be meeting about 8:30 fueling up and leaving around 9:00 so come on out and ride with us. We've got a few that say they're coming along. It doesnt really matter what they ride as long as they can keep up

(CYCLEERIC @ Aug. 09 2007,17:10)
(P-Willy @ Aug. 09 2007,13:57) I'd like to get down with this.
We'll be meeting about 8:30 fueling up and leaving around 9:00 so come on out and ride with us. We've got a few that say they're coming along. It doesnt really matter what they ride as long as they can keep up
I may try to round up some Chattanooga area riders and meet you guys in Maggie Valley around lunch time. Any ideas on where you may eat?

Eating will be kind of a spur of the moment thig when we get in Maggie Valley

as far as the weather looks for Sunday the ride is still on. A few from around here may be showing up so come one , come all.

I want to come but actually don't have any safety gear. I ordered a jacket (a few of them actually) but i'm not sure if they'll be here by then or not. I need a 4XL and can't really find any in the store so I resorted to ordering a bunch off the internet, picking which one I want and send the rest back. I have to do the same thing with shoes as I wear a 14. Yeah, it sucks to be me. If I don't make it, enjoy! And i'll definitely roll next time.

The Busa and my girl's GSXR600 are all cleaned up, serviced and ready to ride!!!!!!!!

Hope to meet a few of you there and a few more in Maggie Valley

Thanks for the company P-willy!!!!!!!! Me and AN-D had a great time riding with you today and thanks to Rayabusa for meeting us at the museum. We'll have to plan a trip over to Chattanooga TN and check out the Friday night bike stuff down town with you. I'll be posting up some pics of the ride later tonight or tomorrow.

We had a great time and got a little sore a$$ now but it was well worth it!!!!!!!!!!
beerchug.gif

(CYCLEERIC @ Aug. 19 2007,20:53) Thanks for the company P-willy!!!!!!!! Me and AN-D had a great time riding with you today and thanks to Rayabusa for meeting us at the museum. We'll have to plan a trip over to Chattanooga TN and check out the Friday night bike stuff down town with you. I'll be posting up some pics of the ride later tonight or tomorrow.

We had a great time and got a little sore a$$ now but it was well worth it!!!!!!!!!!  
beerchug.gif
It was great meeting you guys....here are a couple of threads of interest.

Back