Attempting an HID projector retrofit

I'm a little upset because I tested BOTH halo rings before I installed them but now for some reason the top ring's red will not work :banghead:
Tomorrow I'm going to retest them and hopefully I can get it to work. At least I didn't bolt it all up yet. :cry:

12.jpg

Well this is my progress so far. To be honest I'm not satisfied with my work due to me not paying attention to detail like I use to. Little things like minor nicks and scratches, to much cutting, FRUSTRATION, etc. I could've sworn I cleaned the lens good but when I turned on the light I noticed dust on the lens :banghead: .

It look "OK" but it could be better. It's been a long time since I've gotten my hands dirty and think I'm getting old and sloppy :unhappy:

DSC_3656.jpg

DSC_3657.jpg

DSC_3658.jpg

DSC_3663.jpg

DSC_3671.jpg

Big E said:
I like it. We have to meet up for a ride someday.

Thanks Big E. We definitely can do that. I like to ride down to "The Original Pancake House" in Rockville every so often, maybe one day soon we can eat and take a ride one morning.

Bigdawg76 said:
Great job, looks good. How's the lighting with the new projector

Haven't gotten that far yet, probably tomorrow. I still have to mount this built-to-last relay and ballast yet, lol.

image-3968680478.jpg

The H7 connector was to small on the harness so they told me to remove the pines and connect like this. Silicone around around it and black tape will work just fine they said.

image-3752178099.jpg

Used 3m Dual Lock to mount the ballast. These things are awesome, if you don't have any go get some. I don't know if the ballast will produce enough heat to loosen the glue on the back of the fastener or not.

image-2676038051.jpg

image-3583149266.jpg

Looking forward to your reviews on the lighting performance. I really do dislike the HID kit on my bike.

Got it all bolted together and it looks great. Also got my 162 LED light kit installed also.
162-Multi-Color LED SportsBike Accent Light Kit w/Remote Control [162 LED Mulit-Color Kit] - $169.99 : Led Accent Lights Motorcycle Led Lights Motorcle Accent Ligths Motorcycle Led Lights Motorcle Lights Led Motorcycle Accent Led Lights, Specializing

Had to wait until it was dark so my girl and I could go outside and aim the headlight. I'm not exactly sure how to aim them but I did the best I could.

Oh yea I installed some fairing screens also.

Back