Astrology Event...

GJoker

Still got love for ya's...
Donating Member
Registered
MARS SPECTACULAR!

The Red Planet is about to be spectacular! This month and next,  Earth is  catching up with Mars in an encounter that will culminate in the closest approach between the two planets in recorded history. The next time Mars may come this close is in 2287. Due to the way Jupiter's gravity tugs on Mars and perturbs its orbit, astronomers can only be certain that Mars has not come this close to Earth in the Last 5,000 years, but it may  be as long as 60,000 years before it happens again.

The encounter will culminate on August 27th when Mars comes to within 34,649,589 miles of Earth and will be (next to the moon) the brightest object in the night sky. It will attain a magnitude of -2.9 and will appear 25.11 arc seconds wide. At a modest 75-power magnification Mars will look as large as the full moon to the naked eye. Mars will be easy to spot. At the beginning of August it will rise in the east at 10p.m. and reach its azimuth at about 3 a.m.

By the end of August when the two planets are closest, Mars will rise at nightfall and reach its highest point in the sky at 12:30a.m. That's pretty convenient to see something that no human being has seen in recorded history. So, mark your calendar at the beginning of August  to see Mars grow progressively brighter and brighter throughout the month.

Share this with your children and grandchildren. NO ONE ALIVE TODAY WILL EVER SEE THIS AGAIN!!

Just thought this would be cool to share with your youngn's.. or, if you're like me, just to break out the telescope and check out Mars up close and personal~  
wink.gif

Have to mark my calendar for that one. Sounds cool! Thanks, G!

Shid, and I thought all of us on here were just a bunch of wrench heads!!!!! Looks like we do have other focuses in life..LOL!!

Thanks a LOT Einstein... The neighbours will definitely think I'm a loon now . 'Look there he is again just staring at the sky.' And the funny thing is... I WILL be ..
biggrin.gif

Thanks a LOT Einstein... The neighbours will definitely think I'm a loon now .  'Look there he is again just staring at the sky.' And the funny thing is... I WILL be ..
biggrin.gif
laugh.gif

I've noticed all the nieghbors tend to close their blinds when I break out my telescope... wassup wit dat??
tounge.gif

Shid, and I thought all of us on here were just a bunch of wrench heads!!!!! Looks like we do have other focuses in life..LOL!!
Much as I'm embarrased to admit it... yeah, there are other things in life to enjoy besides the Busa...
wow.gif
damn, did I just type that out loud?
wink.gif

sounds like I might have to go dig out the little telescope.
cool.gif
tounge.gif
somebodys compensating....  LMAO
laugh.gif
Now that there is funny... I don't care who you are..  
laugh.gif

Now I have a telescope complex...  
sad.gif
.. mine may not be as thick, but it's longer!  
tounge.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I got a little carried away with that one. I've always wanted a good scope and decided to buy one. A guy I work with is really into Astrology so I went to him for advise. I knew it was going to be a little on the large side but when I went to pick it up at the shipping depot and they said it was on a pallet I was like.
wow.gif
The only way I can get this thing outside is to take it apart.
laugh.gif
The tripod is to wide to fit through the door
blush.gif

laugh.gif

tounge.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Back