The moon is moving away from the earth

thrasherfox

BUSA
Donating Member
Registered
Tonight will be the biggest and brightest we will witness the moon in a long time.

That is because the moons orbit is not a perfect circle.

After it makes its close pass to the earth which will allow it to appear larger and brighter, it will begin to move farther away.

Scientists say that the earth is moving farther and farther away from the earth every year and that eventually the moon will be torn apart by the gravitational forces of the sun.

Oh yeah, if you live close to the ocean check out the waves tonight, should be cool. we should have the highest tides we have had in awhile.

Year's biggest full moon lights up sky - Space.com- msnbc.com

Aww come on, tell the truth about this.. It is "Jimmy Stewart" with his lasso! :)

I've been thinking it was a big, full moon the last 2 mornings on the way to work. That explains it.

does oblivion mean "into the same eliptical pattern it's been following for ages"?:poke:

:laugh:

No, oblivion means that there will be one time (probably in the very very distant future) the moon will make its last orbit, be slingshoted off and be torn apart (at least that is what I get from the article)

Figure no way it will happen in my life time so I am not worrying about it lol

Back