Any thoughts on Elenin fellow science geeks or tinfoilers.

NCBusa2001

Registered
Just curious why Elenin isn't news. It's a tough tangle of internet crap mixed with sparse scientific data from reliable sources. What little reliable data I have gathered, I'm compelled to the thought that something isn't right.

Too many coincidences that are troubling. Orbital track alignments per NASA JPL (available at many sources online)

Chile 2-27-10 Elenin-earth-sun
New Zealand 9-03-10 earth,mars,sun,elenin
Japan 3-11-11 elenin, earth, sun
Japan 4-7-11 elenin, earth, venus
Sun 6-7-11 & 6-8-11 major solar flares. Alignment of Elenin, saturn, sun, mercury, Venus, mars and Jupiter

Thoughts,

Chris

Nothing I can do about it, so I don't worry about it.. If it hits the Earth I hope I'm near ground zero. I'm not cut out to be a survivalist.

Just curious why Elenin isn't news. It's a tough tangle of internet crap mixed with sparse scientific data from reliable sources. What little reliable data I have gathered, I'm compelled to the thought that something isn't right.

Too many coincidences that are troubling. Orbital track alignments per NASA JPL (available at many sources online)

Chile 2-27-10 Elenin-earth-sun
New Zealand 9-03-10 earth,mars,sun,elenin
Japan 3-11-11 elenin, earth, sun
Japan 4-7-11 elenin, earth, venus
Sun 6-7-11 & 6-8-11 major solar flares. Alignment of Elenin, saturn, sun, mercury, Venus, mars and Jupiter

Thoughts,

Chris

Been reading on it all day bro...still looking around but I see what you mean..???

Everyone seems to consider it a 'wimpy' comet. One which will not be visible to the naked eye nor come within 35 million miles of us. Hale-Bop was cool. Remember that one. It was eerie to be able to see it in even an afternoon sky and think that what looked like just a little tail or trail was 1000s of miles long!

Seems like the silence is deafening, which troubles me.

Dennis- it is not projected to hit us. It's closest is in October at .02 AU (about 21mil miles) . If its just a comet, no worries. But if its a brown dwarf, we are in for trouble.

However, if it is a comet, why is there a lack of information. Christ there is more fanfare about objects light years away. But little on a relatively close object newly discovered on an inbound track. A track that is on the same epileptic plane as our solar system.

Discovery website did a hack debunking article that failed to mention critical points. Not much else out of the lame stream media. I could think of quite a few reasons one would suppress the information, but that may be caused from overly tight tinfoil.

This is the first that I have heard of it. Interesting, did you say brown dwarf ? That would be something between the size of Jupiter and the Sun They have tracked the path and don't know if it is a comet or brown dwarf????

This is the first that I have heard of it. Interesting, did you say brown dwarf ? That would be something between the size of Jupiter and the Sun They have tracked the path and don't know if it is a comet or brown dwarf????

The problem is "they" are the ones in control of the observatories and "they" aren't talking much. NASA JPL, as I understand, estimates 4 miles across. A caveat, at this distance NASA wouldn't estimate, the would measure probably to the nearest centimeter. Amateur astronomers, Gustave et all, have taken high res pictures and have a different "estimate" the coma is 80,000 miles and growing. The nucleus is 3 arc seconds, which at the photographed distance equalled 27,000 miles in diameter.

A bit of a discrepancy, but then the deep water horizon oil rig only dribbled a little bit too. Point being, if its just a comet why isn't there more excitement, press or at least some scientific publications aside from a controlled debunking from the discovery site.

Why won't tax payer funded pictures get released, if its no big deal? Christ, it was discovered LAST DECEMBER in New Mexico.

Chris

soooo... are those the days we can't ride???
Posted via Mobile Device

No,.. Fall bash in the mountains is the place to be and a most excellent idea. Though the roads may be blocked by unoperable abandoned vehicles, lol. Might want to carry a mylar emergency blanket, as they were developed to reflect solar radiation. I'm going to duct tape one to my leathers. :rofl:

Last edited:
No,.. Fall bash in the mountains is the place to be and a most excellent idea. Though the roads may be blocked by unoperable abandoned vehicles, lol. Might want to carry a mylar emergency blanket, as they were developed to reflect solar radiation. I'm going to duct tape one to my leathers. :rofl:

What are you doing about the neutrons :laugh:

Tuckaleche caverns past the foothills parkway don't sound too bad. 58 degrees year round for a fat man sounds awfully good.

Dude I know you're being funny but neutrons penetrate everything , I think we can slow them down :laugh:

Anyway, it's all interesting.

Back