ARGGGGG!

Mikey D

Registered
Yeah, it's me again.

Got the Tuning Seminar tomorrow, figured I'd do the oil & blow out the air filter today. First time attacking the air box.

The screws were overwhelmingly TIGHT!

Peeps, part of my day is spent getting overtightened fasteners out.

I actually stripped the head of that little bolt!

Yes I tried tapping the head of the bolt with the screwdriver seated before it stripped

Cut a flat blade slot in it and striped that too!

Had to drill the head of the bolt off!

ARGGGGGG!

Melted the top ridge of the airbox cover!

SHIDDY!

WTF?!?

Why do people over tighten shid? I had to struggle with a pair of vice grips just to get the remains of the bolt out of the threaded brass insert!

Idiots!

Now I've got to find a new cover (I know, ebay) and a new bolt. Bolt's prolly 29.95 at the dealer!

Sorry folks, just had to scream at something.
rant.gif

Sorry...ROFLMAO...I watched my partner break out in a sweat today trying to get a nut started to hold his exhaust...That shat was funny...

Mikey.. lefty loosey, righty tighty... j/k man!! happens to the best of 'em, I guess.. sorry to hear this, and a day before your tuning session.
sad.gif

I know your frustration. When you've got everything planned, but that one little detail prevents you from getting it done. I have a couple things I am trying to get done with similar circumstances.

I'm mechanically challenged but when I bought a replacement (OEM) air filter for my 03 busa....it looked like the filter and top of the airbox were one part.....the screws just go into the top which is connected to the filter which hopefully attaches to the airbox...otherwise I spent 37 bucks for nothing....

Back