Are these Hayabusa  aftermarket Masters?

That's an excellent idea!....Bleed it tonight big time.

If that does not work I'll go to phase II...Cylinder/o-ring job.

Might use the OEM brake cylinder (cylinder; in case the cylinder specs out correct) as it's so fugly and save the OEM clutch master/lever.

Thanks for all your help guys...you've forgotten more in 5 minutes than these dingbats at the dealership have learned in 17 years.

Peace...Greg
bowdown.gif

Disaster today....Bike rode out fine for first twenty miles and then started to creep progressively worse  at each street light. As bike heated up..problem increased...got to the point that I could not get from 1st to neutral and the Dealership is telling me I may have fried the friction plates in the clutch(yeah right.) One bike was shut of...could easily shift through gears(have GI Pro ATRE to see it)

The parts manager(an mechanic of 26 years) spent two hours x-referencing the SV against the busa and could not determine if the slave on the busa is the same on the sv.....bore was ; stroke unknown...he says cup is not. Says the Masters appear ok..but can not ascertain whether the slaves are comparible(diff part numbers).

Bike killed on highway on way home and would not shift out of gear running or not. And I put the pressure on the gear lever!

The dealership is vexed why someone would even venture to put busas on a SV...and their Fiches, service manuals and etc won't give them the stroke on the Busa /sv slave so they may be incompatible.

Now they want to pull the clutch plate off and inspect for bluing(bike has 1000 miles.  They accused original owner of possibly abusing the clutch to the point where it was prudent to sell it fast (621 miles) to a buyer on Ebay.

Well...I am having the cup piston replaced on the clutch master on monday...But they say that wont fix the problem.

What do you guys think...easy on me...I'm taking it hard from an angry filipino wife...LOL

Thanks you guys.....Greg

Back