Are these Hayabusa  aftermarket Masters?

xlr8tion

Registered
Hey guys!

Bought this SV1000sK7 here's the ebay link....check out the description given by the seller and the photos of the masters......Seller called them Hayabusas(see description in ad)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...#ebayphotohost

Err..Been having clutch probs took it in to the dealer and my warranty is voided...&$@#%...Also...the mechanic (he's good...could not identify the make of the masters and suggested I park the bike and NOT DRIVE IT as if they are the wrong diameter piston/sleeve...I could have an accident or worse damage the clutch/drivetrain and suffer brake failure.

I don't want to go back to OEM masters (have GIPro ATRE that would be blocked and heli-rises and I really believe there must be an aftermarket set I can buy and have instaled(probably need levers too).

Please see the photos(closeups) of the Masters and LMK if anyone can identify them and does Hayabusa(or anyone) make aftermarket masters anyone (not just covers)?

I'm tempted to take a trip back to Arkansas...but I thought I'd wait till the pro's chime in in (you guys) on this one.

Thanks!

Greg
ohthedrama.gif

nulldll?ViewItem&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT&viewitem=&item=260250371770#ebayphotohost]//cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.nulldll?ViewItem&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT&viewitem=&item=260250371770#ebayphotohost[/URL]

You are not going to get much help if no one can understand WTF you are trying to say.

Try again, and somebody will be bound to be able to help you out.
beerchug.gif

Hey Roadthing...10-4...I need assistance posting the URL that has the photo's that are supposedly Busa Masters on my Suzuki  2007 SV1000s.

The That's the help I am asking for.

This is my first day...so no WTF needed...I appreciate any help thanks...Greg

BTW...I see the http:// key and tried that..no go.

yeah they look like busa masters.
tell the GOOD mechanic he's a flaming moron and i said so.
if you look up the oem microfiche. look into the 07 sv and the 07 busa for the clutch masters. the piston and cups are the same exact part numbers. im thinking you got some smoke blown up your ass. smae pistons and cups i dont see the problem there. what is the issue you are having with it exactly?

Thanks for your response...went out and looked on the back...all they said was NSN on them....My moron mechanic is not used to seeing people rip off  the OEMS......

If I may ask...what leads you to believe they are Busa's and how do I know they are slaving the proper fluid to the clutch/brake.  Sorry to sound ignorant; but

I am not a mechanic and NSN is a very generic marking with no part numbers on them...so I can't tell the volume, cylinder diameter nor if they are single/double sleeved.  The guy only owned the bile for 3 months and sold it to me so I am not sure of anything. They appear identical in size and volume.  The SV uses a Gixxer 750 brake(Front) setup.

Bike shifts very rough.....Hard to find neutral....signifcant creep in 1st with clutch fully disengaged and kills 10% when going from neutral to 1st with clutch fully disengaged. Clutch was siphon bled yesterday to no avail..Bike has 900 miles and wet clutch on the SV's

Last question...where do you think these were ordered from?

Thanks so much....Greg
winkold.gif

they look identicel other then mine are chrome!

just order new oem parts if you think they are the problem

mrcycle.com should be able to help,,,,sponser on this board

post_6_52918_chrome_014.jpg

Just spoke w/ seller...states they came from rear ended Busa. Talked to parts guy...u were right fiche is exact on 07 busa/sv....Good show! He was shamed!

I've the OEMS...I'll swap the seal and piston out from the oem to busa and siphon bleed it..Maybe that'll tighten it up .Thanks for your help....My mechanic is a Moron...LOL...and I will let him know....

Thanks...Greg

Sounds like there's air in there, pump it a bunch of times to compress the air, and give it a quick try to see if it's any better. The lines LOVE to trap little air pockets, and they compress before the clutch is fully disengaged.

Found out the masters are from either a totaled 02-03 Busa....wondering if they changed master design from then to 2007.  Asking this as I am about to swap in a new o ring and a piston from the fuglys and I'd hate to trash the OEMS(god forbid I have to put those back on.

Long to short will a 07sv piston/o ring fir an 02-03 Busa master?

Thanks....Greg

BTW...I'd ask my dealer but he doesn't know what the deal is
deadhorse.gif

Found out the masters are from either a totaled 02-03 Busa....wondering if they changed master design from then to 2007.  Asking this as I am about to swap in a new o ring and a piston from the fuglys and I'd hate to trash the OEMS(god forbid I have to put those back on.

Long to short will a 07sv piston/o ring fir an 02-03 Busa master?

Thanks....Greg

BTW...I'd ask my dealer but he doesn't know what the deal is
deadhorse.gif
Looks like you are getting your problem(s) solved.

Don't get offended by me asking WTF you were talking about, as no offense was intended.

If you are going to be rebuilding the MCs, measure the bore in the replacement. Then do a side X side comparison of the pistons, and measure them. I wouldn't trust a dealer for information like that, unless you could find a mechanic who knew for sure what fits what. Possibly someone here can answer that particular question for you.

If you have the time, you can to to an online retailer and check out the microfiche, and compare part numbers.

THE BUSA MASTERS HAVE BEEN THE SAME i think since the very begining.
proabably air or dirt is the problem but not sure without seeing it

Back