are the air filters the same.

From the pictures I saw I don't think it can be. The air box is a big change. It looks like you have to take the top of the box off to change it.

A K&N and BMC are the exact same filter! they are the same weave and thread filter, I dont know the history but BMC is Italian?

flamethrowingsmiley.gif
PM -->
Tybalt71 @ Nov. 07 2007 said:
1215847[/ATTACH] PM]
A K&N and BMC are the exact same filter! they are the same weave and thread filter, I dont know the history but BMC is Italian?
I think he wants to know if they are interchangeable from first gen to second gen bikes.Ihavent been under the tank yet.but i will this weekend.
OOPs Sorry lol

flamethrowingsmiley.gif

I thought I read in one of the articles that the 08 BUSA uses the same air-box as the GSXR1K. I don't know if it's true but I'm sure someone with an 08 can pull the filter and post some pics. I would bet they aren't the same (as the Gen-I) but if it is the same as the 1K, I find it odd since you'd think the 1340cc engine needs more air than the 1K...

Thanks.Think I'll wait till the air filters are out to change anything.Do it all at once seems to be logical.

You don't have to change the filter to change the exhaust. Air filters on todays bikes are not as restrictive as they were 5-10 years ago.

Ok, here are some pics of the airbox and there is no flapper valve as in the previous models. The worst part is removing the 11 screws holding the airbox down. Don't forget the one in the center also! I would recommend you magnetize your screw drivers to make the job easier and a stubby would help get the back ones out easier.

08_Airbox_2.JPG

Great Pics! That will help when I change mine. I had the tank up but didnt open the box.

Airbox w/out filter installed. The velocity stacks are two different sizes still, but a lot closer in length the gen 1's. Also they're still using a foam material to connect the ram air ducts to the airbox, so some ram air sealing tubes will come in handy!

08_Airbox_9.JPG

Back