Are Baxley Front Chock Stands worth it? Harbor frieght Stands?

PJ267

Registered
The Baxley Sport Front stand is over $225 where Harbor Freight has a stand for $40.00? Is it worth the difference?

I just saw the princessauto one (blue-baxley knock of) for $99.00, I know some got them for $69, worth it? thanks

I've not used the free-standing HF one (similar to Baxley), but the silver HF chock works OK. The bike moves side-to-side a little more than with a Baxley.

I have two Baxley's for my trailer...the Busas ride in there nicely. I also have the silver HF chock...(needed that one for the nose).

If I knew about the Princess Auto ones when I was buying...I think I would have gone that route. :2cents:

I've got 3 from Harbor Freight. They all work well and for the money they can't be beat. They're a little heavier, but if you're not carryin it in and out of the trailer or garage you won't notice.
Posted via Mobile Device

I have a Baxley and a Princess Auto.
They are of equal quality, and in fact the Princess Auto (China made) has a flat tube in the front that rests on the ground, vs. the round tube for the Baxley, and seems to grip better (both have rubber on them too) with the more surface area on the ground.
You will be fine with either one IMO.

Sport Chock.jpg

I just ordered a Baxley Sport Chock for the Busa, and they're on sale for $195.50 (normally $230).

my 39 dollar harbor freight works great-never a problem-one man operation to put in back of truck-

my 39 dollar harbor freight works great-never a problem-one man operation to put bike in back of truck-

I went HF, but didn't plan on using mine that much. It worked well the first and only time I used it.

I'm not sorry I bought the Baxley's for the trailer. Thousands of miles with four bikes and not one problem. Had the Princess Auto one been available at that price, I may have gone that way.

4 busas headed for bash in trailer.jpg

Here's mine _no problems, tied it down with some blue "Tapcons". I think I used a coupon off internet which I Googled for; discount habor freight coupon, and got some additional money off.

100_5740.jpg

100_5741.jpg

Last edited:
Hopefully ya never have a rollover. The front of bike is not staying in that chock. Was at an accident where a guy rolled his trailer - bikes were destroyed as they came out of the chock. Didn't use t/d's on front chock. would have been easily avoided w/some front straps. I double ALL tiedowns as they are cheap and tupperware is most deffinately not.

I recommend the Baxley........................only because I haven't tried anything else.

BMW5

IMG00008b.jpg

Does Princess Auto have any dealers in the US? I have a Baxley but the Princess Auto would be nice for the pit bike instead of using the Pingel i am currently have in the trailer....

Last edited:
Back