Are All Balls Bearings for you?

Nastee

Registered
Put these in as maintenance like many others. I found a few bad reviews last night then several bearing failures after a very short period of time which got my attention. These are Chinese made which is okay a bearing is simple & these are made well. The problem is that when people removed the dust/water shield they found them to be greased only on one side & sparingly at that.

So yeah was more than a little tight after taking the time to replace only to find out my original bearings would do a better job. Why did they go through the trouble of making a good solid bearing only to not put 10 cents worth of grease in a set. So 5 cents per they are trying to save 2.5 cents buy half a$$ greasing one side can't call it packing. So no issue when small plastic ring is removed with small screw driver at inner metal ring prying outward under blue plastic ring. The bearing then needs to be PACKED with grease on both sides; plastic put back on by hand then you are GOOD TO GO .

So mad that one has to do this i bought the cool aid that they were using some special grease as claimed. I have not taken mine apart yet so no pictures yet. Look on YouTube or motosport. Com in reviews for disheartening pictures. Seems like luck of the draw as not everyone has/reports an issue. But for brand new bearings to fail in 500 miles is criminal.

I have used them in zrx's for over 10 years with no failures. Found them to have less rolling resistance than stock bearings.
That gives me some hope but will either pull apart or run them as is & report back what occurs.

No pics have loaded Nastee , have another go at it .
Okay this is what I found inside just like they said. Will show both sides.

20190203_170426.jpg

20190203_170443.jpg

20190203_170511.jpg

20190203_170508.jpg

Okay here are both sides. Just as they claimed greased sparingly on only one side no happy.

20190203_170444.jpg

20190203_170508.jpg

20190203_171315.jpg

You know when you start riding it goes every where pretty quickly. They might be using a synthetic grease making the need for a large amount unnecessary. Why not send maker a e mail with photos. Instead of relying on opinions of garage mechanics.

Bryan i think this lack of grease is why less resistance. Maybe this is some great grease but just saying others ordering can pack it full of grease before putting them in place and wondering. I think the coverage is okay but barely & if you get one with any less it could fail.

You know when you start riding it goes every where pretty quickly. They might be using a synthetic grease making the need for a large amount unnecessary. Why not send maker a e mail with photos. Instead of relying on opinions of garage mechanics.
Yeah think you are right it is different grease & doesn't look like enough at first. Got me twisted, crises averted. Carry on all sorry for the panic post.

Back