Arashi Rotors

Sometimes cheap parts are as good or almost as good as expensive ones. Levers, rear sets---if you know how they work you might just get by fine with the knockoffs and a small file. Often they improve the design a little. OH I hear a shitestorm approaching.
I don't disagree actually. But I think cheaper parts are "just as good as expensive parts" because most can't push the bike to where their superior quality parts can make a real difference. I ran OEM rotors on my Brembo M4's for years and they worked quite well - no complaints. Feel this new stuff though and you have to put a repair manual over the woodie in your overalls - the wife will wonder what you're doing in the garage.

A Busa off the showroom floor is good enough. If that's the bar then absolutely rock that.

I don't disagree actually. But I think cheaper parts are "just as good as expensive parts" because most can't push the bike to where their superior quality parts can make a real difference. I ran OEM rotors on my Brembo M4's for years and they worked quite well - no complaints. Feel this new stuff though and you have to put a repair manual over the woodie in your overalls - the wife will wonder what you're doing in the garage.

A Busa off the showroom floor is good enough. If that's the bar then absolutely rock that.
some people love these types of upgrades...…. im just hoping it makes the bike stop harder and smoother

The image of my rotors if anyone was interested

20190520_232707.jpg

You're a guy who is focused almost entirely on the engine. Great bikes are balanced. Power, handling, stopping. It's all a system. Imagine your monster with suspension and brakes to match that engine...
that's kinda what im doing... and its got a MACINTOSH arm and NLR drag shock on it... forks have been internally modified.... Brembo gp4rx calipers and corsa corta MC being done as an afterthought really... what should I do buy ohlins forksw and cut them down? its a hotrod not a bmwm3.

that's kinda what im doing... and its got a MACINTOSH arm and NLR drag shock on it... forks have been internally modified.... Brembo gp4rx calipers and corsa corta MC being done as an afterthought really... what should I do buy ohlins forksw and cut them down? its a hotrod not a bmwm3.
When you go 200 mph in a hotrod you have tons of metal wrapped around you. Handling is always important on a bike ridden on the street.

When you go 200 mph in a hotrod you have tons of metal wrapped around you. Handling is always important on a bike ridden on the street.
i understand what ure saying..... but u gotta understand also.... I cant go in 2 different directions with the same bike.... its low and long..... tough and strong...………………………….. right now.

I thpught I might give these a try. I emailed the company and distributer, to ask if the models they list are compatible with the ABS model.
The reply was, "we're not to sure. Measure what you have to see if they're the same" - not awesome...

So, here's my question, is there any difference between Gen 2 abs and non abs models brake rotors?

I thpught I might give these a try. I emailed the company and distributer, to ask if the models they list are compatible with the ABS model.
The reply was, "we're not to sure. Measure what you have to see if they're the same" - not awesome...

So, here's my question, is there any difference between Gen 2 abs and non abs models brake rotors?
The ABS ring mounts on the wheel not the rotor . all gen 2 rotors same bolt pattern to my knowledge

Thanks c10. I checked gaflers website and they have the same part number for '09 &'14 model.
So between you and them, I'm confident they're the same. Thanks for the quick reply.

Reactions: c10
Back