Apple iPad

I dont see the point really. Aside from the e-book functionality, there's really nothing that a $299 netbook can't already do. Like you said, students and maybe fashion concious people might jump on it, but as far as a practical device, I don't get it. I have my Touch for music and my PC/laptop for real computing. Where does this fit in?

Sounds like a feminine product to me! :laugh::moon:

Ok I still want one...

Just need to make IPhone better.
I want skype to have video feature thru my phone.
Still cant even get skype to work at all.

Also want to take my IPhone to Metro PCs and pay 50 bucks a month cuz ATT sucks !

One of the big selling points for the Kindle ( the Amazon e-book reader) is it's amazingly long battery life. Netbooks right now are at about 5 hours. Ipad looking to do up to 10 hours. Makes it practical to use.
I read an article in a magazine i subscribe to written by the Editor. saying that when the Kindle can last 10 hours and use a color screen, we may see the end of magazines as we know it.
Iphone= sell Iphone apps and music.
Ipad= sell ebooks and emags.
will be interesting to see where all this goes.

I was hoping that the IPad would be Apple's answer to the netbook. Instead, it's looking like the next trend in fashionable electronics. I'm sure it's useful, but it doesn't appear to be what I was hoping for. Oh well...

We'll have to see. It still needs Flash and Java. I don't see the practicality for music - can't carry it in your pocket which was the whole deal for the iPod/iPhone); maybe for books/movies/house surfing (would be GREAT for reading the .org around the house!).

OK, your are gonna love this:

- Hitler responds to the iPad[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like a giant Iphone to me :laugh:

My brother has a kindle and he loves that thing but one thing he does complain about is lack of color and picture quality when using it to read PDF manuals.

I'm slightly interested in the Ipad but I'm also interested in:

Microsoft's Secret Tablet

Love my ipod touch....and I'm seriously considering this. Of course it would have to be the 64GB version with WIFI & 3G support. But I could get a very nice laptop for that price ($850). Should probably just put the money in a Roth IRA instead and be happy with my ipod.

Re: OK, your are gonna love this:

- Hitler responds to the iPad[/url]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, OMG, I can't breathe! I'm choking on my doritos watching this. HAHAHAHAHAHA

Last edited by a moderator:
They already announced the iPad V.2 with more functionality. Can now multitask up to 4 apps at a time!

original.jpg

Another over priced fashion statement from Apple.

For a larger screen with portability, I'll take a netbook at a fraction of the price. If I want real portability my ancient Dell PDA which has wifi, bluetooth, plays movies, music and games will do pretty much anything I ask it to do.
Apple reinvents old technology and the Vitamin-R generation flocks to it with maxed out credit cards in hand. :rofl:

Back