Anyone with a good Spot to buy

BlueHaya

I'm outta here!!!!
Donating Member
Registered
Getting hard to find a good price.

The cheapest I found is Wolf for .22899 per round at The-Armory.com

I figure with increase in Afganistan and Iran being stupid I better stock up before it is all gone.

Most places are out of .223...unless you want some high dollar sniper grade.

Try cheaper than dirt or maybe the sportsman guide. I haven't bought in bulk, but they both sell in bulk. I just buy at the sporting good store when I am out. Wolf ammo isn't bad. Not top grade, but cheap and reliable.

Thanks red Cheaper than dirt is out of low cost...I have to look again at sportsman guide...i think they were out also.

Re-load
guns.gif

My dad reloads everything. It is cheaper and you can get a more accurate round. I like reloads and it gives you a good reason to shoot everyday till you get the right load worked up.

Don't worry about those boys acting stupid over here I got a little something for them, I have just been waiting to deliver.

223 is crazy high now
sold the ar's and only have the ak and uzi now
better penetration, but of course less accuracy over 50 yards, but most social situations occur close up anyway

I hear ya. Prices anywhere from .23 to over a dollar a piece.

I may go ahead and buy some of the .23 cent ones. I dont have enough time to load a 1000 rounds....brass and bullets cost that much any way.

Last time I bought some .223, I bought a whole ammo can of the stuff at a gun show. Seemed like a good solution. Ended up shooting it all off at the range in one afternoon.
beerchug.gif
Money well spent.
guns.gif
guns.gif
guns.gif

guns.gif

guns.gif

The prices aren't gonna get any lower.

Wolf has a few issues. I've been using it for years and other than it smelling like cat Pi$$ I haven't had any major problems. There is a warning about the steel on steel contact with your extractor not being a good thing.

The thing that does concern me (get the tinfoil ready) is long term storage. Say you might be stocking up for SHTF. What happens if the S doesn't HTF in the next 20 years, will the Wolf still be good? Steel does rust. How long does that "laquer" or polymer protect? Do you figure 50cal ammo cans and dessicant would do the job for a couple decades?

Lastly, when Russia does something to piss the USA off will it be banned from import? Hmmm.

Kind of makes me happy I bought cases of the brass stuff when it was still resonable. God love Lake City. LOL

IMHO

better penetration, but of course less accuracy over 50 yards,
Shooting open sights, I really can't tell a difference at 100 meters, figure a 1-3" group. Now add optics (which the AR is better suited) and you can easily get sub MOA with the AR. But that's apples to oranges.

As far as close up, got to go with a heads up recticle (eotech, aimpoint, ACOG) which kind of points in the direction of the AR, don't ya figure.

As far as ultimate relibility the AK comes out on top.

I wouldn't have sold the AR's due to the cost of ammo though.

Chris

Back