Anyone using convertibars

SignalChimp

Registered
They give you up to 3" higher than stock and up to 3" back from stock position.Currently i have heli bars and they made a big difference over stock position but,the convertibars would just give me another 1-3/8" taller for a total of 3" over stock position.They would however give me up to another 2.5" to the rear from where they are now.

There kinda expensive like well over $500.00 after the price of the kit plus paying to put them on need to change clutch and front brake lines.

The main reason i am trying to make it more comfortable on my neck it kills me after 200 mile + ride for day's after,holding my head up also my shoulders ache for a day or so after riding.

I love the bike so much but anymore it hurts to ride very long kinda takes the fun out of riding.Have had it since new it's an 04 taking it in wednesday for the 14000 mile full service hope to have many more miles in the future.

Any input would be great thanks guy's.

Here this would be cheaper. Add a Genmar riser (or reapers for super cheap) under the heilbars like so.

<!--EDIT|TheDude27
Reason for Edit: None given...|1147746164 -->

Cockpit_small.JPG

Here this would be cheaper. Add a Genmar riser (or reapers for super cheap) under the heilbars like so.

Hey Thedude27 what all did you have to do to get the Heli's and the genmar to work? I have Heli's and I'm thinking of adding the Genmar to my 04 along with them for more comfort. My girlfriend has them on her 05 but she bought it with them allready installed. Just need to know if you have to get longer cables and brake hoses to make it fit.

<!--EDIT|OldBusaDude
Reason for Edit: None given...|1148174677 -->

Back