Cant wait July 14th ride cross country!!!!!!

busanutt

Registered
Its been 2.5 years in the making but my time is closely approaching me and 3 other buddies are riding from north central Massachusetts (Winchendon) to Mount Rushmore down threw Vegas (where 1 buddy is staying) and ending up in Carlsbad Ca. 1 block from the ocean.. hitting up palomar mtn while out there!!!!..Then after a 9 day stay me and my 2 other buddies are riding to the grand canyon where we meet up with the 3rd buddy again then going to Gunsmoke and meeting the little hottie selling guns in denver Co. then we make a bee line back to mass. Avg 500 miles a day going to hurt but were going to push threw:moon: should end up to be around a 7000 mile trip in 3 weeks.:thumbsup:

Miles.jpg

You will love it... Man I look back on the man trips that Steve and I took and they were absolutely amazing...

just change out to my new rubber yesterday ad plan on doing an oil change as soon as i get to cali. had trouble though when I changed out my front tire in putting the new one on I must have bent the rotor a little because now the caliper really grabs on the left side was considering taking the rotor to work and with indicators see if I could get it running true again but don't know if that would be a big mistake on my part or if I should just pay up and get a new one. what do you guys think?
:banghead:

just change out to my new rubber yesterday ad plan on doing an oil change as soon as i get to cali. had trouble though when I changed out my front tire in putting the new one on I must have bent the rotor a little because now the caliper really grabs on the left side was considering taking the rotor to work and with indicators see if I could get it running true again but don't know if that would be a big mistake on my part or if I should just pay up and get a new one. what do you guys think?
:banghead:

7000 mile trip, I would really have to push my tires for that especially the rear. It's your choice on the rotor. Are you losing the front brakes because of it ? Mine was bad enough that I lost the front brakes when rolling the bike. Pump them up with the lever, push it, and back to nothing. On another thread several stated that they straightened rotors with 2 X 4's and hammers. I don't know if you have enough meat to machine one. I would buy one for piece of mind.

Next time read my post. :laugh: In every tire change post I read I give fair warning to all. Stay off the rotors, don't even look at them. There's guys removing their rotors now. I'm just real careful.

Did anyone remind you that we like pix around this joint :poke:

Of the trip not the boring rotor thingy :laugh:

Would be nice to meet you guys since Carlsbad/Palomar is not too far away from me (and a few other SoCal peeps). In addition to Palomar, there is 74 (Ortega), Angeles Crest and so much more. Calling LAMBUSA :whistle:

Rotors are not that expensive. Why take a chance? Replaced it (or both) and be done with it. Just my 2 cents :laugh:

I thought that you couldn't buy a gun out of state unless you are a FFL.
I suppose you could have it shipped to a dealer near you, it's just then you have to pay the transfer fees etc. right?

You didn't say - are you staying in motels? or camping? Eating at restaurants? Every meal?
Lots of water, right?

Pictures of your setup (bike) would be helpful for us to envision all the fun and good times your are about to have. :banana:

You are driving 7000 miles and you are going to stop ONE BLOCK FROM THE WATER??? ??? Come on man go the one more block for me. Go and touch the water that way you can truly say you could go no further west.:laugh:

Time frame for you to be in socal...time frame please.

Palomar, carlsbad, the ocean...lambs playground

mulholland Dr., in Malibu...Banner grade and Julian apple pie is just a short jaunt through the hills away, Palm Springs

Sound like One Epic Adventure! Always wanted to do cross country. Pics are a MUST!

Sorry i have been away from the pc but we are staying at Koa campgrounds the entire way. I booked the little log cabins perfect for a 1 night stay and you don't really have to worry as much about your stuff and you can sit back in front of a campfire instead of hang in a parking lot. We are staying at my buddies parents house 1 block away from the water but I plan on getting picks of my back tire in the water there and back here. We will be in carlsbad july 20th and be heading to the canyon on july 29th. The canyon we stay in a hotel and back in indiana there is another 1 we stay at but that's all koa everywhere else $60 nights are better than $150. The only reason of going to gunsmoke is just to see the mom and Paige since I live in the cant own guns state!:laugh: Every day im getting more amped cant wait 12 days until lift off. Here is a pick of my set up when we did the trial run to Orange County Choppers last month. Had to hold my buddies half shell helmet this ride he is on his own on the trip though.

IMG_6648.jpg

Back