Bought an 08 to ride cross country!

busanutt

Registered
Hey all,
New to the site and was looking for a little advice on long distance rides on the busa. Bought the bike last winter and have been doing a few long day rides threw out the year on 420 and 610 were the most. Me and a buddy are leaving in July to ride from central Ma to his parents in Carlsbad Ca (he is taking an 08 Victory Kingpin). We are planning on 500 mile days avg it should take 7 days to get out and 6 to get back stopping at Rushmore and the Grand Cannon for an overnight. Cant wait!!! Bought a new zumo 550 Gps and a throttlemister lock aside from that she is all stock!

IMG_5392.jpg

IMG_4388.jpg

:welcome: to the ORG! Sounds like a fun trip. Get some riding time in so your body is tuned in for the Long ride.

Welcome to the .Org glad to have you
That stock seat may be a little on the hard side after a few hundred miles so you may want to look into getting a more comfortable seat. When i go for long rides i try to put most of my weight on the tank and off my arms and back don't know if that will work for you but just a suggestion other than that a few othe comfort mods should do you good and the .Org is full of those. Rest when you can keep hydrated and have a safe journey

All the best! and take some pictures
P.S. Are you taking the baby with you? :laugh:

Welcome to the oRg, she should get you there. A good seat and cruise will let you ride all day. Get some heli's and lowered pegs to go with it and there is no telling how far you can go. :welcome:

Wow, 500 miles a day for 7 days one way? Sounds like a lot of oil changes. Welcome to the Org! Good looking bike :)

That was our 420 mile day me and a bunch of buddies from work took the day off this year and hit up OCC, PJD, and Vforce customs where we got a picture with Vinnie. (the Vmax in that pic is mine as well). Really diggin all this imput keep it comming.

IMG_4391.jpg

I have a stock seat and I do just fine on the long trips... No risers for me either... cruise on the other hand is a must....

:welcome: to the .org

I have Corbin seat and Helibars and I can ride 20+ hours a day, 1K+ miles, with no problem.

Gear, make sure you have some decent gear to include a very good full face helmet. Back packs are great for short trips but you need to barrow or buy soft saddle bags to haul your clothes and shaving kit. Sounds like an oil change in Ca. and one when you get home. You better have brand new tires, because you'll be lucky to make a new rear last that entire trip. Have fun. :thumbsup:

Welcome. :bowdown:

Radar detector, Aerostich, Starbucks card, and a Spot tracker will be essential. The bike is more than capable, but make sure you're up to the task. Sounds like fun.

Welcome and good luck on your trip , nice V-Max too bad they get less then 100 miles per tank because that would be fun ride too
:thumbsup:

Back