Anyone seen or used the new Saddlemen Gel Seats?

All in all it's not bad. fit and finish is OK, similar to stock. It's a little snug where the seat meets the tank, not sure if that will be an issue later on or not. All in all it's Pretty comfortable, because it's sill new It's still a little firm but I think it is better than stock.
I am not using the rear seat so i have not tried replacing the cover with the one provided but it looks pretty simple.
I'm not disappointed in the purchase, it is a little firm but I have only been able to get a few hundred miles on it so far. I just need to get out and ride it more and get it to soften up a bit. I would like to find a bike with a Corbin, Sargent or Tobin seat to compare it with to give it a fair review.
Just an installation note: instructions say remove all rubber grommets etc from the original seat and install on new seat. The only thing that needs to be taken off the original are the grommets where the seat bolt goes through the seat. If you forget like i did the front of the seat will have an annoying amount of play.

Greetings all. For selfish reasons, I almost didn't make this post but I'm afraid that someone might get hurt if I don't. I have been riding bikes for almost 40 years now and have owned about the same number of machines. I have sampled almost every brand and for the last 20 or so years have maintained my own (not a noob). I recently ordered one of the Saddlemen "Track" seats from Motomummy. It arrived quickly for $195 including shipping. All looked well when I opened the package (nice stitching, etc.). That changed when I attempted to mount the seat on the bike. The rear tabs were so tight that the seat was nearly impossible to mount without damaging the tail area paint. When I did get the seat to slide rearwards, the front (nose) of the seat wouldn't go down low enough to sit properly. You could look under the seat (above the frame rails) and see "through" the motorcycle. I spent a great deal of time attempting to determine why the seat nose wouldn't move down without applying a great deal of pressure. A shop light and crawling around under the bike (looking up under the seat) revealed the answer; The Saddlemen seat pan sits on top of the battery terminals. If you look at the pan of the stock seat, it has cut-outs for the terminals. If you look at the foam in the cut out areas, you can probably see impressions of the terminal bolts. I contacted Motomummy (Corey) about this issue and he provided me with an RMA number. I have sent the seat back to him and am awaiting a refund. Corey stated that he will need to contact Saddlemen about the issue. I contacted Saddlemen about this and drove to their nearby factory. Sales Rep. Jerry was very nice but stated that Corey would need to provide pictures (etc) before a refund would be allowed. I had Saddlemen custom build a Track seat onto my stock seat pans. Now everything fits properly. The seat is firm but that's what will stop me from sinking into it (Corbins are also hard for the same reason). This has to work for me as I have circulation problems and I am not ready to be forced onto nothing but a cruiser. I am afraid that someone will forcefully get the seat onto the bike, sit on it and eventually break the terminal areas of the battery. I had a battery on a BMW leak all over while riding once........no fun. The impression that I got was that you will be lucky to get a refund on a seat. You might be better off if you sent your stock pans to Saddlemen. Good luck. h

Greetings all. For selfish reasons, I almost didn't make this post but I'm afraid that someone might get hurt if I don't. I have been riding bikes for almost 40 years now and have owned about the same number of machines. I have sampled almost every brand and for the last 20 or so years have maintained my own (not a noob). I recently ordered one of the Saddlemen "Track" seats from Motomummy. It arrived quickly for $195 including shipping. All looked well when I opened the package (nice stitching, etc.). That changed when I attempted to mount the seat on the bike. The rear tabs were so tight that the seat was nearly impossible to mount without damaging the tail area paint. When I did get the seat to slide rearwards, the front (nose) of the seat wouldn't go down low enough to sit properly. You could look under the seat (above the frame rails) and see "through" the motorcycle. I spent a great deal of time attempting to determine why the seat nose wouldn't move down without applying a great deal of pressure. A shop light and crawling around under the bike (looking up under the seat) revealed the answer; The Saddlemen seat pan sits on top of the battery terminals. If you look at the pan of the stock seat, it has cut-outs for the terminals. If you look at the foam in the cut out areas, you can probably see impressions of the terminal bolts. I contacted Motomummy (Corey) about this issue and he provided me with an RMA number. I have sent the seat back to him and am awaiting a refund. Corey stated that he will need to contact Saddlemen about the issue. I contacted Saddlemen about this and drove to their nearby factory. Sales Rep. Jerry was very nice but stated that Corey would need to provide pictures (etc) before a refund would be allowed. I had Saddlemen custom build a Track seat onto my stock seat pans. Now everything fits properly. The seat is firm but that's what will stop me from sinking into it (Corbins are also hard for the same reason). This has to work for me as I have circulation problems and I am not ready to be forced onto nothing but a cruiser. I am afraid that someone will forcefully get the seat onto the bike, sit on it and eventually break the terminal areas of the battery. I had a battery on a BMW leak all over while riding once........no fun. The impression that I got was that you will be lucky to get a refund on a seat. You might be better off if you sent your stock pans to Saddlemen. Good luck. h

After reading this I went and took mine off and I can see some "scuffing" from the battery terminal on the bottom of the seat as well.
it was not noticeable at first but after riding today it is plain as day.
Looks Like I'll try to contact saddleman as well.
Thanks for the heads up!

Very Good Catch, may have saved some serious grief_ both ways...

:welcome:

Nice 1st post :thumbsup:

Thank you man I was about to pull the trigger on this seat tomorrow I think I will just get the Suzuki one now.

Just a quick follow up to this. I called saddlemen and emailed pictures of the pan to the rep on the phone to explain the issue to him. The rep said he was very familiar with the seat I purchased and there was obviously an quality control issue somewhere.
He said the cut outs that were supposed to be there obviously weren't. They issued a call tag to send the seat back to them to correct it.
they were very helpful and the phone call lasted about 10 min.
It took a few days before ups picked up the item but after that it was about 10 day turn around. It appears they just used a hole saw and cut a couple 1.5in holes for terminal clearance (similar to the OEM seat pan just larger). I could have done this myself but this way there are no issues if warranty work is needed later.

I will fit the seat over the weekend to see how it fits now.

Good to know they stand behind their products :thumbsup: Nice follow up to man I'm sure there were people wanting to know the outcome. :thumbsup:

Back