Saddlemen Gel Seat

Ron223

Registered
When I bought my new Busa recently, it came already upgraded with a Saddlemen Gel seat. Initially, on the first few short rides, I thought it was great. Now after a couple 100+ mile rides, not so much. I honestly think my stock seats were more comfortable on my Gixxa 600 and 750. I've seen the New Image seats on here and think they look great! Do I need a stock seat to send them to do it for me? It's really a blower to buy something with an "upgraded seat" just to now be looking to spend money on a seat.

Ron yes sir you will need to have a front and rear seat to send to Lee if you want seats from New Image. I'm sure if you called them they may have some stock seats at their place and you could just buy them and have them covered. Also you could ask, but im sure you could have whatever seats you have currently on the bike redone. :) :beerchug:

just bought a Saddlemen seat from another member but have NOT yet taken it for a test ride. Have a "man trip" coming up and hope it performs well (tried the Corbin on my old 08 and the Suzuki Gel on my 09...liked em both).

I've been looking for a used Saddlemen set-up for my 09'. If you're looking to pick up a set of stock seats to send out for work at New Image let me know if you'd be interested in some sort of a trade deal. Let me know exactly what Saddlemen seat you have. Email is best but I'll subscribe to this thread and keep an eye out for PMs if you choose that route of communication. todd.moyer@yahoo.com

When I bought my new Busa recently, it came already upgraded with a Saddlemen Gel seat. Initially, on the first few short rides, I thought it was great. Now after a couple 100+ mile rides, not so much. I honestly think my stock seats were more comfortable on my Gixxa 600 and 750. I've seen the New Image seats on here and think they look great! Do I need a stock seat to send them to do it for me? It's really a blower to buy something with an "upgraded seat" just to now be looking to spend money on a seat.

todd, I am guessing Ron has the same seat I just bought from another member here.

Saddlemen Gel-Channel Tech Seat Suzuki Hayabusa GSX1300R 2008-2015

Yes, that is the same set. The rear is just a cover over the stock which I haven't put on yet. When just sitting on the bike upright its really comfortable. However when I ride, I tend to be forward against the tank. The front of mine is very firm so I will slid back some when on the highways. However, my rear gets really uncomfortable after about an hour. I don't even recall it being that bad stock. Is it possible that between seasons I just have to get use to the riding position again?

Anybody have any feedback on the New Image seats or Suzuki Gel seat? Are they comfortable despite a forward riding position? I am use to riding with the ball of my feet on the pegs and using my legs on the tank for control of the bike from my previous bikes (600 & 750)... should I not with the Busa? Maybe that's the problem? I feel like my control is compromised though otherwise. Or maybe the seat just isn't a good fit for me :dunno:... Let me know how it goes for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thinking about that and looking at the pictures, As I said, the rear is just a cover. Do you thing the front is also or is it a fully reworked seat? I don't know since it came with the bike.

Hey Ron...I just got my New Image sets and I have only been able to ride for maybe an hour or 1.5hrs at the most and these puppies are extremely comfy. Especially being that you sit forward on the tank as I do. I haven't really tested out the back portion of the seat as I am also accustomed to being forward on the tank for better control BUT the front is nice and cushy. I would venture to say that the whole seat is comfy being that the whole surface feels the same to the touch...IMO. Not only do the New Image seats feel good, they look awesome:bowdown:

SAM_0910.jpg

SAM_0912.jpg

Ron,
I am 99.99 % sure the front seat is "NEW" (e.g. design & materials) and not a reworked stocker but seat pan probably is same as OEM for seat to fit. I have taken my a few multi-day, 1500+ mile trips on my SUZ gel seat and no issues for me (I am 70 inches tall, 190 lbs, 30-in inseam)....but have Helibars and a ZG touring screen. Looking to test ride both the Saddlemen and MRA Vario screen soon.

Opinions on seats will vary greatly.
I had 5 on my Busa. There were pros and cons to each.
I hated the gel seat, it was rock hard, I disliked the shape, and it got very hot. I disliked the New Image, as I was stuck in one place.
I really liked the Corbin, overall it was great as well as my favorite. The Kontour wasn't any more comfortable than stock, but the airflow was amazing and made the seat worth it.
My stock seat was rock hard and never broke in. My friend's 08 Busa had the most comfortable and soft stock seat I had ever ridden on(I wish I'de have thought to swap with him before he sold it).
The next person to post may agree or totally disagree with my opinion, as seats are 100% a personal preference.
The only thing you can do is try other seats until you find the one that's right for you.
Maybe you can find a member here with a seat you want to try, switch seats and go for a ride.
Mr8ball swapped his New Image for my Corbin on a ride. We each liked things about the other's seat, but preffered our own in the end. Unfortunately I had to buy all the other seats I tried.
Good luck with it.

Back