Anyone knows about refrigerators?

Mine did the same thing not too long ago. It's a side by side. Fridge wouldn't get cold, freezer was defrosting. I unplugged it and checked it out. Found nothing, plugged it in, went to the store to buy ice to keep things cool till I could figure it out and it started working again...

I pray for that to happen... i unplugged mine this morning before going to work.

this place rocks... crawled under fridge and found the bad part.. $40 and fixed..(defrost module
00087830.jpg

Funny.. That`s guide recommended cleaning floor level condencer twice a year... Year.. right... I didn`t clean it since I bought my house 5 years ago.

Definitely helpful advise cleaning fridge in and out... Much cheaper then new unit.

Just did mine with the Dyson. All clean.

r8

We do it all here eh?

:cheerleader:

r8
dumb conservatives..... any self rightous liberal would ask for a govt hand out (taken from someone with more money than I) to pay someone else to do it.... :whistle:

I feel so......... Home Improvement...

you have a Dyson?? FOUL.....

really hows it work? well I know they suck but how "WELL" does it work... :rofl:

I actually have two. One is a hand held.

Randy, spend the money on one. You will be amazed how well they work and they are worth every penny. I'll guarantee it!

r8

dumb conservatives..... any self rightous liberal would ask for a govt hand out (taken from someone with more money than I) to pay someone else to do it.... :whistle:

I feel so......... Home Improvement...

But extra funding for mods!

r8

my fridge was doig this, i did the leaf blower thing at is seems to have helped for now

wow that site with the trouble shooting list? I ordered the "defroster timer" today after 5PM and it is on a FedEx truck to be delivered tomorrow already... dang these guys do not fool around.

Tracking number
Ship date
Sep 19, 2008
Estimated delivery
Sep 20, 2008

wow that site with the trouble shooting list? I ordered the "defroster timer" today after 5PM and it is on a FedEx truck to be delivered tomorrow already... dang these guys do not fool around.

Tracking number
Ship date
Sep 19, 2008
Estimated delivery
Sep 20, 2008

We aim to please.

r8

Tracking number
Ship date
Sep 19, 2008
Estimated delivery
Sep 20, 2008

How you know that defroster timer was defective? I found mine, disassembled and everything looks fine. ???

How you know that defroster timer was defective? I found mine, disassembled and everything looks fine. ???
The switch has flipped itself reversed.. the thing is supposed to turn on every 8 hours... this one turns 0ff ever 8 hours.. Somehow the off/on switch fell out of correct cycle..

with the defrost running almost full time, the compressor has to work extra duty too..

Here the best advice I can give when buying appliances.
The more you spend is directly proportionate to how much trouble you will have.

Keep it simple the more bells and whistles the more to go wrong.
I will probably never buy another side by side refer.
The cheap one in the garage never complains one bit. Appliances are going the same road as TV's and the VCR - through away items.

Back