Anyone here know about plumbing?

Wow! 19 replies on plumbing from a motorcycle site! I love you guys
heart.gif

I'm really short on time and can't work on it right now. Once I do I'll let you guys know the result.

Thanks all.

Wow! 19 replies on plumbing from a motorcycle site! I love you guys
heart.gif

I'm really short on time and can't work on it right now. Once I do I'll let you guys know the result.

Thanks all.
Well just so you know, none of us knows beans about plumbing..... BUT we did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.....

Don't forget that when you change either the stems or washers to check the seats that are behind the stems. They are made of brass and if they are damaged the washers won't make a tight seal and you will still have a leak........ Good luck....

Don't forget that when you change either the stems or washers to check the seats that are behind the stems. They are made of brass and if they are damaged the washers won't make a tight seal and you will still have a leak........ Good luck....
+1 If they are burred, sometimes you can sand them with fine grit paper to clean them up.
whatsatre.png

For the folks with wells, you may want to check the psi of the air bladder in your holding tank. Over time these can bleed down,also depending on your location,temp. can also effect these,most require 3-7 psi. There is a one way valve at the bottom of the pick-up tube which can also go bad over time allowing pressure to bleed back,making your pump cycle a great deal more than needed,this can lead to expensive repairs or replacement.this can be checked by watching the psi guage ahead of the holding tank,if this bleeds back after your pump cycles more than 5 psi in 30 minutes with no water usage,look into replacing the valve. Most well systems have large amouts of calcium and lime, a good in line charcoal filter installed ahead of the holding tank can save alot of headaches with build up in your valves and related hardware

We've got the oposite problem. At the street I have 165 lbs of pressure. I have two pressure regulators in-line to cut it down to 70 lbs at the house (in case one fails).

Every once-in-a-while I see a neighbor with a guyser in the front lawn because the freakin plastic line running from the street to the house has given way (at 165 lbs pressure).

165 is way above the listed test psi for both cpvc and pvc. I'm surprised that the city doesn't provide pressure regulators @ the meter to avoid a liablity issue. There is a great product we use for radiant heating systems and heated pads and driveways called Tekcoil, never had a failure yet- www.teksupply.com

Back