Anyone hear what I hear ?

Pinball

Registered
When I am riding I hear a very high pitched sound. It resembles a sound like a dog whistle. The pitch changes with the rpm of the bike so i know it is comming from there. What is this noise and how do I stop it? It is driving me NUTS !!!!

Sorry, I'm tone deff! Then again I hear nada over my HMF high mounts!

If it sounds like a dog whistle, how can you hear it?
tounge.gif

(BOHICA @ May 22 2007,01:07) Is it the same pitch as when you first turn the power on caused by your fuel injection?
Then it must be the fuel pump you hear, Just a guess!

Its higher pitched then when I first turn the bike on . Its realy hard to describe. I dont hear it all the time but when I do its realy realy high pitched, When I let off the throttle to slow down the pitch changes. If its the fuel pump, Is there anything to do to make this noise stop besides not ridding at all.

Have you changed to an aftermarket front sprocket? Sometimes there is a high pitched whine because there is no rubber spacer...

You have an aftermarket windscreen? If so, put some tape around the edge that tucks under the fairing.

sounds like the fuel pump, and no there really isn't anything you can do about that unless you cover your fuel tank.
The HID's high pitch sound is the xformer. and that pitch should not change with RPM, if it does, you ballast is not right as it should be a regulated voltage output.

Back