Anyone have winter projects setup for their Busa?

MoNoXiDe

Registered
I only have a few tweeks left and I'm done....:whistle:

Powdercoating rear rearsets and then ordering a couple bolt covers/caps, to black out those silver bolts. Also, I want to buy a sena smh10 set.

It was a little chilly on the ride in to work this morning....66 degrees, almost had to put in my jacket liner:whistle:

Converting the full-exhaust option I presently have on my turbo to a dump pipe, complete re-tune.

P.

I'll most likely be riding most of the winter as well out here in Phoenix, though is does get down into the 50s at night.... >.>

Also going to be rebuilding the 2001 over the winter; new left side mid fairing, stator cover, and a few minor items...nothing major (thank goodness!)

My plans are a complete frame up build. Motor is going to get built, still have to decide if its going to be a 1397 or 1441. In tearing into the stock one this weekend. I just dropped the frame and swingarm and other misc parts to be powdercoated. I still need to cut the forks from my 08 and get the outer forks powdered too. Going to be a busy winter for me. I see a lot of ot in my future for parts purchases lol

image-3345272988.jpg

image-719666864.jpg

image-3633644048.jpg

image-456406005.jpg

I'm should pull covers an check my clutch. Plus I still need to paint. But most likely I will just ride through the winter.

I'm heading to Germany and sending my bikes to a buddy in Kansas to build. He does sick work. We are shooting for a sick all motor build, wheels and a couple of other goodies for the 1K. I'm still not sure what I want to do to the Busa. I want to turbo, but I love my Akra exhaust. :laugh: We are definitely putting some lighter wheels on the Busa. I may go built motor on it as well.

Whenever they are done he is sending them to me so I can play...

I'm going to install the Rostra Cruise Control, steel braided lines all around and get the rearsets powder-coated...and ride when the roads are clear of snow!!

I need to detail mine, replace air filter & plugs, possible fuel filter, I just tried to reverse flush it with brake cleaner, ran two cans through it & the warp drive is still not 100% :banghead: I did make a handy tool for the job though :laugh: And it pumped out some dirt! I may repeat, but prolly just buy a new filter. I also have to replace the rear reflector cuz I backed it into the four wheeler and broke it:banghead: I need that warp up to 100% :rulez:

camera 2473.jpg

camera 2476.jpg

I only have a few tweeks left and I'm done....:whistle:

Powdercoating rear rearsets and then ordering a couple bolt covers/caps, to black out those silver bolts. Also, I want to buy a sena smh10 set.
You'll really like the powdercoating brother. I was gonna do the frame plugs too, but the set was like $8 but the shipping was like $28, I just couldn't do it. What a ripoff.

Engine is coming out for some goodies and the chassis is going to a buddy's house to get 2012 ZX-14 wheels put on it

strip it down, clean the crap out of it, change all fluids, re-wire the alarm, accessories and stuff; finally put the parts on that I ordered from Russell last year :whistle: and the other bits that have been sitting and waiting. Probably get some new tires on her as well....I'm sure there's something I'm missing but thats the short list :thumbsup:

How many miles are on this pump??
I need to detail mine, replace air filter & plugs, possible fuel filter, I just tried to reverse flush it with brake cleaner, ran two cans through it & the warp drive is still not 100% :banghead: I did make a handy tool for the job though :laugh: And it pumped out some dirt! I may repeat, but prolly just buy a new filter. I also have to replace the rear reflector cuz I backed it into the four wheeler and broke it:banghead: I need that warp up to 100% :rulez:

Back