Anyone have pics of installed Sat. radios or GPS

toolmn

Donating Member
Registered
Was thinking about putting XM on the bike and was wondering if any of you guys had done this and have any pics...Also what units are being used and the best place to find the mounting kits...

Was thinking about putting XM on the bike and was wondering if any of you guys had done this and have any pics...Also what units are being used and the best place to find the mounting kits...
ToolMn,

I just recently bought SIRIUS unit for my bike.  I prefer it over XM solely because it has the NFL channels for football season and that is huge for me.  I bought the STILETTO 2 unit...

stiletto2_huge.jpg

I haven't installed just yet, waiting on a wiring harness from smithabusa and the stem mount.  The good thing about my unit is it has a vehicle docking station with 4 screw holes in the back of the docking unit.  It should fit very well on the stem mount I have coming.  The wiring should be a piece of cake with the wiring harness coming from smithabusa.

As soon as the mailman gets here monday with all the goodies, i'll be installin away and snappin pictures every step of the way.

Thats Sweet...I already have xm in my 2 vehicles thats why i was going to stay with them...

I recently installed the Garmin Zumo, the XM receiver is a bit pricey but it's nice to have it all in one unit.  I didn't like the unit mounted on the bar, so I used the parts included and a few rubber stoppers to make a stem mount.  The XM puck is under the black plastic "dashboard".  I haven't had any problems with reception yet, but I also don't have that many miles on the bike yet either.  Install was really easy and everything was included, (minus the xm receiver @ 2 bills). Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Zumo_550.JPG

and for wiring it i can help out with plug and play wiring kits for cigarette lighter or connector set and pins that you wire onto your device now, but never have to hack the bikes wiring.

iamwithstupid.gif
Ok so I'll be the stupid one here..I usually ride with my trusty MP3 player at full volume, so the question beckons...if you install XM, how do you listen to it? Speakers? I know I know, but I just had to ask!

iamwithstupid.gif
Ok so I'll be the stupid one here..I usually ride with my trusty MP3 player at full volume, so the question beckons...if you install XM, how do you listen to it? Speakers? I know I know, but I just had to ask!
I listen to my sirius through my ear buds. I use a "boostero" to increase the volume.

Back