Anyone familar with street legal

Charlesbusa

Used to be a SoCal Busa
Donating Member
Registered
My mother is looking to save a little gas and have some fun. She lives on a dirt road in Oklahoma and low maintenance would be perferred, so I think that'd rule out chain drive.

Anyone know of any street legal scooters, enduros or atvs that could carry a couple bags of groceries?

Thanks
cool.gif

Why not get her on one of those scooters that has the trunk and hard bags? And if she lives on dirt road, I dont know it would handle when wet. I also dont believe you will find any atv that will be street legal. What town does she live in?

Get a mule or something similar. Not sure about the legalities of OK., but I would think if it has seat belts, lights, horn, signals...it should be able to be drivien on the road, but it would prolly have to be inspected by DOT. If people can drive dune buggies on the road why not a mule.

Get a mule or something similar.  Not sure about the legalities of OK., but I would think if it has seat belts, lights, horn, signals...it should be able to be drivien on the road, but it would prolly have to be inspected by DOT.  If people can drive dune buggies on the road why not a mule.
I dont think the mule will make the speed limit. What about a trike?

She's in McLoud.  Between Shawnee and Oklahoma City.

Do you guys know who makes those scooters or mules??

It doesn't have to have Freeway speed as long as its street legal.

Kawasaki makes the mule, but they are for off road use only,(classed as an off highway vehicle) except for farm use, which has to have the slow moving vehicle sign on back. at least that's what I was told by the sherriffs dept. I always complained why I couldn't take my raptor on the road, when it will outrun all scooters and a lot of harleys
cool.gif

The Honda Metropolitan is a nice scooter. You can pick them up for $1500 or so used. There is a huge trunk under the seat and you do not need a cycle liscense in most states. It will do about 30 or 35mph. Fun to ride also. Had one for a while.

I saw a mule ( or similar make, Polaris,Yamaha, etc.) going down the highway this weekend. It was a cop. It had red and blue lights, but no turn signals. And I'm sure the tires were not DOT approved. They get away with driving them on the streets, but we can't.
bs.gif

I saw a mule ( or similar make, Polaris,Yamaha, etc.) going down the highway this weekend. It was a cop. It had red and blue lights, but no turn signals. And I'm sure the tires were not DOT approved. They get away with driving them on the streets, but we can't.
bs.gif
get over it..... you have no idea what he was doing (would not matter anyway)

dirt road complicates this a bit as not a lot of street bikes do "dirt" very well.. I know around AZ many communities allow 4 wheel ATV's on the street so long as they have T/S and lights..

Where I am currently in IN, they allow "anything" at 50cc or under without any lights, plates or even licensed driver.. In other words, kids on scooters are free to go where they want..

I would check with your local LEO shop and see what they suggest..

Get her a Honda Ruckas. They have tires that will do dirt pretty well. There's also room to attach a basket or two.

Yamaha Zuma. Decent suspension, good brakes, enough storage under the seat for one bag and a rack in back that a basket is easily attached to. Mine is my daily "driver".

Back