Separating street, track, racing!

Great read.:thumbsup:
I usually try to follow most of the theory put forth. Get a little carried away only sometimes :whistle:.
Would love to go to the track, got the guts for it, just not the money. Soon though hopefully, soon.:please:

This is an old article, written in 1991. I had never seen it before and thought it would be a good read for many. Really good food for thought. My primary objective on every ride whether it's road or track is to come home with my bike in one piece. Since these machines are inherently dangerous, safety should be a top priority. :beerchug:

I agree with that 110%
Thanks for the info. :thumbsup:

I have his book "Sport Riding Techniques" 2003
He does have a lot of good info out there.

Last edited:
Darrell just came home with Sport Riding Techniques... I've already read the first 2 chapters!! He gives some really good skill drills in there for you to learn how to handle your bike... who knows.. I may be both a straightliner and a twisty rider yet! :cheerleader:

Well spoken words,by the author, and tufbusa.:bowdown:
Thanks for sharing your wisdom,now and in the past.It is appreciated by all of us!:beerchug:
As riders we can never learn enough.:rulez:

great read...thanks for sharing this as EVERY rider needs to read it before every group ride!!

I've been on a track with Nick (big Willow). I was running about 130-140 on turn 8, body down into the wind, feeling confident and like the fastest person in the world.....Nick
came by me on the outside at least 10 mph faster, lower, looked as natural as a bird in flight. They say there's strength in being humble.
Chapter 2 of this story....couple of years later, Nick rode a 250 gp bike at Laguna Seca (when the 250's were coming over here)....35 bike field....Nick came in about 31st or 32nd.
The old saying, "one mans ceiling is another mans floor", so accurate. Raydog

Back