Anyone ever white-out before while accelerating?

Actually happened to me,,only once,,it seemed to happen when my hand cracked the throttle before my body stiffened my neck,,kind of 'whip lash' self induced,,scary for a second,,,???

Not to take this TOO seriously, but I would contact a medical professional on the matter. Any color "out" is NOT normal or good or expected on any bike, to my knowledge.

Folks run these bikes at dragstrips all the time, almost certainly harder/faster than anything you'd be able to do in street trim or from a rolling start, and I've never heard anyone talk about losing vision or consciousness due to acceleration.

Consult a health professional and monitor the condition. Be well. :beerchug:

Not to take this TOO seriously, but I would contact a medical professional on the matter. Any color "out" is NOT normal or good or expected on any bike, to my knowledge.

Folks run these bikes at dragstrips all the time, almost certainly harder/faster than anything you'd be able to do in street trim or from a rolling start, and I've never heard anyone talk about losing vision or consciousness due to acceleration.

Consult a health professional and monitor the condition. Be well. :beerchug:

+1.... you dont wanna be havin those issues on a bike dude... could hurt yourself, or god forbid someone else, really bad... at least talk to a professional about it, get his thoughts...

It's not the G's...it's your blood pressure! Too high (or too low)...whens the last time you had it checked? You can feel great and your blood pressure be out of whack...

It's not the G's...it's your blood pressure! Too high (or too low)...whens the last time you had it checked? You can feel great and your blood pressure be out of whack...

can also be problems like heart murmur, leaky valve, etc...

under accelerations even as small as just standing up from a chair, the body will clamp down to increase blood pressure to the brain etc... if you actually experienced what you say you did, sounds to me like you may have an underlying issue, and would highly recommend you getting in to see a dr ASAP...

if your fine, then your just a feinting goat....

It happens to me all the time. ???

It's the speed of light, which is close to 300 million meters per second. A Busa is the only bike I know where in 1st gear you gotta give the speed of light a moment to catch up. That moment all you see is white. :laugh:

Right beside my boost gauge, I have a pressure gauge, and I must be OK because it normally stays around mid-40's psi. ,,that's good ,,right ?? Heeeey,,,wait a second,,maybe that's 'fuel' ,,not 'blood' pressure,,,well,,maybe I DO need to get it checked,,,:poke:

It's actually a little bit of both. I haven't really found anything that suggests that high blood pressure increases your susceptibility to postural hypotension or g-loc. Low blood pressure is a bit more of arguing semantics - many women have low blood pressure and seem to do just fine.

can also be problems like heart murmur, leaky valve, etc...

under accelerations even as small as just standing up from a chair, the body will clamp down to increase blood pressure to the brain etc... if you actually experienced what you say you did, sounds to me like you may have an underlying issue, and would highly recommend you getting in to see a dr ASAP...

if your fine, then your just a feinting goat....

What you are describing is orthostatic hypotension, which some people are more prone to than others. There are definitely some more serious conditions that can attribute to this, but that isn't really the norm.

Others are describing a Vasovagal response - such as when someone faints because their blood is being drawn.

Here is a cut and paste for you:

Syncope is defined as a transient, self-limited loss of consciousness with an inability to maintain postural tone that is followed by spontaneous recovery. The term syncope excludes seizures, coma, shock, or other states of altered consciousness.

Syncope is a prevalent disorder, accounting for 1-3% of emergency department (ED) visits and as many as 6% of hospital admissions each year in the United States. As much as 50% of the population may experience a syncopal event during their lifetime. Although many etiologies for syncope are recognized, categorization into reflex (neurally mediated), orthostatic, and cardiac (cardiovascular) may be helpful during the initial evaluation. Cardiac syncope is associated with increased mortality, whereas noncardiac syncope is not. Syncope may result in significant morbidity due to falls or accidents that occur as a result. In the United States alone, an estimated $2 billion annually is spent on patients hospitalized with syncope.

Although most causes of syncope are benign, this symptom presages a life-threatening event in a small subset of patients. It is unclear whether hospital inpatient admission of asymptomatic patients after syncope affects outcomes. No current criterion standard exists for diagnosing undifferentiated syncope. Many physicians continue to admit patients because of perceived risk. Recent reviews of the 2001 American College of Emergency Physician (ACEP) clinical policy suggest that evidence-based criteria may decrease admission rates by nearly half by identifying cardiac causes of syncope. Inpatient admission should be reserved for patients in whom identification of specific immediate risk, such as those with structural heart disease or history of ventricular arrhythmia, is needed. Outpatient management can be used for patients who are low risk for a cardiac etiology in order to define a precise cause in order to effect mechanism-specific treatment.

You are in Virginia yes? I am suspecting dehydration and heat had a little play in this episode. Is this possible?

I can't see the OP right now, did this only happen once?

Interesting fact I found - the Bugatti Veyron accelerates to 0-60 in 2.4 secs which creates a pull of 1.18 G's.

I agree bro. I have low blood pressure, when I get real tired I get loopy....I have learned to get off the bike! Staying ahead of hydration and hunger are key for me.

Even on the drag strip, people are going much faster through all the gears.

Be wise my friend and Be careful out there!

Thanks for your concern, busa brothers! My bp is excellent and i pump iron regularly! I appreciate the advice.

Goatcart- thx for the info... it only happened one time, fortunately. Maybe Im beginning to get old! It was pretty wild to experience. I lost my vision for a fraction of a second. It was surreal when my vision returned. It was like teleporting!
Posted via Mobile Device

I take meds for my blood pressure, and they have been very successful. In fact, a couple of times, too successful, like kneeling down and standing up suddenly...whoa nellie!

Thanks for your concern, busa brothers! My bp is excellent and i pump iron regularly! I appreciate the advice.

Goatcart- thx for the info... it only happened one time, fortunately. Maybe Im beginning to get old! It was pretty wild to experience. I lost my vision for a fraction of a second. It was surreal when my vision returned. It was like teleporting!Posted via Mobile Device

You say that as if we have some reference/analogy based on having teleported before? ??? I mean, yeah, the Busa is fast but it STILL has to actually travel through space, right? :laugh:

I think you were looking at the clouds,,they're white or grey or black...Was it sunny out when you did this?:poke::poke::rofl::laugh::laugh:

Closest experiance i've had to this on my Busa has been some blurred vision from the change in the shape of the eyeball. But normally, a healthy individual wouldnt get GLOC from this. The G load isnt really that high. So, do you take BP meds? Was it extremely hot causing vasodialation? Were you dehydrated? Did you feel your heart doing palpations? Do you often "see stars" when you stand too quickly? This isnt normal. Furthermore, it could be dangerous.

How tight is the collar on your jacket? That may have something to do with it. One guy had issues with near black outs in his car. Every time he went to change lanes he started to black out. turned out he needed a dress shirt with a collar a half size up. The funnest part was the Doctor told him to buy a bigger shirt. And that will be $250 please. LOL.

I would talk to your doctor though.

Back