A first for me

nickxxxr

Registered
So i was on the way home, cruising the highway. A corvette rolls up wanting to play. So i roll on in sixth gear to about 130. (speedo read 130 bike has 3 up in the rear so Idk how fast i was really going). Anyways i held it for about a half mile and let off. Rolled up to the off ramp about 65 downshifted into fifth and it went into like a neutral? Rpm dropped to idle with clutch out throttle only revved it up. Downshifted again and it went into fifth...? Wtf? Tried the whole way home and it didn't do it again.? So what happened anyone else have this problem? Can anyone help? Also tested the second gear thing and didn't have any issue. So what gives?

Sent from mobile device

There's a false neutral there, happens sometimes in gen1's, no biggie.
And... I'm a Ford guy, but I saw a new black ZR1 last night, and I'm ashamed to say it was pretty awesome.:laugh:

Hey Im a ford man myself ill appreciate a ford before a bowtie any day. Beat the vette on a roll on in sixth with my girl on the back come on now...

Sent from mobile device

There's a false neutral there, happens sometimes in gen1's, no biggie.
And... I'm a Ford guy, but I saw a new black ZR1 last night, and I'm ashamed to say it was pretty awesome.:laugh:

So Im good? Scared me. Thought my tranny was going. So don't worry about It?

Sent from mobile device

I've never done it on the way down, but there's a false neutral between 5th and 6th. :beerchug:

So i was on the way home, cruising the highway. A corvette rolls up wanting to play. So i roll on in sixth gear to about 130. (speedo read 130 bike has 3 up in the rear so Idk how fast i was really going). Anyways i held it for about a half mile and let off. Rolled up to the off ramp about 65 downshifted into fifth and it went into like a neutral? Rpm dropped to idle with clutch out throttle only revved it up. Downshifted again and it went into fifth...? Wtf? Tried the whole way home and it didn't do it again.? So what happened anyone else have this problem? Can anyone help? Also tested the second gear thing and didn't have any issue. So what gives?

Sent from mobile device

That has happened to me, once. I guess it's like the false neutral you get between 1st and 2nd gear.

I've also had this happen... Like you, I tried and tried to replicate the "false neutral" after it happened with no success. Glad to know I was'nt going crazy and it did actually happen...lol

It was a false neutral from a lazy down shift...if you don't shift it properly (harder) you can mess up your tranny!
Posted via Mobile Device

Back