Anyone ever white-out before while accelerating?

84Ninja

Registered
I had this happen to me recently. Was rolling in first, from a stop, doing about 20 and nailed it. I momentarily lost my field of vision which went white! Talk about surprising.

No, I don't do drugs! Bike's a copper :]
Posted via Mobile Device

Sounds like your brain didn't like the G-forces that it was experiencing. That would make me a little nervous if it happened to me.

I've never experienced what you're talking about, but it doesn't sound normal to me.

There's a road near my house with what's probably a 40ft vertical dip. You go down and all the way back up in a very short distance. The speed limit is 30MPH. I've done it around 40MPH a couple of times and nearly lost consciousness because I wasn't thinking about it and hadn't physically prepared for it. It's really pretty dangerous...

I'm in good physical/mental condition! I felt like my eyes were being compressed when I did this instantaneous application of g's. It was crazy...felt like i was hyperspacing!
Posted via Mobile Device

Lol, g-lock sounds accurate, Blanca. It was weird wild stuff.

Well I guess that settles it. copper is the fastest color! :]
Posted via Mobile Device

What you experanced is called a brown out, which is loss of vision but not full unconsciousness. I used to get brown and black outs all the time. One of the nerves next to my heart got injured.
Posted via Mobile Device

Only time that ever almost happened to me was when I had bronchitis and step throat together. I was at publix picking up my antibiotic. Started to get light headed as I was walking out to my car, my whole vision turned white and I lost my sense of sound for a few moments til my sight came back. If I wasnt holding onto my shopping cart I'm sure I would've been rolling around in the parking lot trying to get up. Scared the hell out of me! Go see your dr.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

You really gotta stop looking at the sun dude~!~ :laugh:

Actually Blanca might be onto something. Your brain may have been lacking oxygen for a few seconds.

What you experanced is called a brown out, which is loss of vision but not full unconsciousness. I used to get brown and black outs all the time. One of the nerves next to my heart got injured.
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm gonna beat RSD to it and say I get Brown Outs everytime I eat Mexican food.

:rofl:

:laugh::laugh::laugh: oh my... what tires were you useing to get such fantastic grip and acceleration for your condition...were they....hmmmmmmmmmmmmm SHINKOS???

i've gotten the white out with semi loss of hearing when i was giving blood. almost had a master sergeant slap me back into conciousness.

Seems to me this entire thread was a way for you to say your color of bike is the fastest :rofl::rofl:

Clever.

Back