Anyone else here with a Mosin Nagant?

redkat05

Dear spring....... HURRY!
Donating Member
Registered
I just bought one friday. Disassembled it, cleaned out the cosmolene and everything's in great condition. Can't wait to shoot this thing. Looks like these things throw some serious lead!

Wonderin if anyone else out there has one and if they've done the low pro bolt handle mod and gotten a period specific scope & mount?

I got the shortie carbine version...the thing shoots a polars missle.

I was at the range with about 100 rounds and somewhere in the 25 round
range I lazily thru the rifle up to my shoulder (not tight).....that one hurt.
I think I got thru about 50 rounds that day...

Haven't done any bolt mods and scopes are kinda rare, pricey, and not that
good anyway. I think they claw onto the rifle as I remember, so I thought
I'd just shoot this one with iron sights.

durn...I don't have a picture of my Nagant (although I got a picture of everything else)
How about a...

M48

Mauser.jpg

and my SkS

SKS.jpg

Love Gun Pron

Last edited:
I've got an M91/30 that I bought off of a guy so long ago that I don't even remember what I paid for it. I think it was less than $100.

It's a little beat up and the furniture isn't spectacular, but it's never failed to go bang when I pull the trigger and it makes a fantastic noise. I've never done anything to it other than clean it up, but I've always wanted an authentic PU scope and mount to put on it. You could still get them for around $300 the last time I checked.

It's a hell of a cannon, I promise you're going to like the thunder it makes, but make sure you've got it well seated in your shoulder when you squeeze the first one because that metal buttplate can hurt. It's the kind of rifle that you go out and shoot twenty five or fifty rounds out of, then wake up the next morning and say, "where did this enormous bruise on my shoulder come from and why do I feel like I've been hit repeatedly in the armpit with a meat tenderizer mallet?"

There are several variants available out there. Here's a link to a site that should be helpful in determining exactly what you've got:
Soviet M91/30

"Shoots a Polaris missile"...yeah, you're not kidding :rofl:

There's a sporting goods store up here selling really nice ones for $100. Hard to argue with. Accurate, powerful, fun, good plinkers, and the LONG sight radius really helps put the rounds where you want them.

7.62X54 is no joke either.

They're alot of fun to shoot. If you have the short carbine version,that damn thing sounds like a cannon going off! I have two of them,just dont have the time to shoot 'em as much as Id like....

They're alot of fun to shoot. If you have the short carbine version,that damn thing sounds like a cannon going off! I have two of them,just dont have the time to shoot 'em as much as Id like....

Cool. Ya wouldn't happen to have the scope setup would ya?
Posted via Mobile Device

I have an M44 carbine as well. You just gotta love the bayonet.

Careful with the russian ammo you get at gun shows. It's dirty and really clogs up the innards. The good side is it is dirt cheap ammo.

damn you all I'm gonna have to go pick one up I was eyeing one for a little while now all this talk has convinced me to buy it. Just to try it out they are pretty cheap here go figure

mine was $130 at Gander Mountain
Posted via Mobile Device

i know its a old thread , but yes i have one, i striped it down and put it in a synthetic stock with a scope. she shoots very nice. if wanted ill get some pics of it later on. i boresighted the scope, not a lot of adjusting to do after that. she looks like a good deer rifle now. the 7.62x54 is very close to the ballastics of a 308 which i have that in a old 1895 mauser rifle. when i first got mine the freaking bayonet when attached made the gun look about 10 feet long.

Back