Anyone out here a professional Resume writer?

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
Anyone out there in busa land a professional resume writer? I need help.... I need a job too! If you are a pro resume writer let me know and maybe we can do some trading..

CAp

Hey Captain...

I'm not a professional, but I've done my fair share of resumes for people, and they usually get jobs!
smile.gif

I'll give it a try if you'd like...you can always toss it if it's not what you're looking for...or at least get a good outline to tweak to your needs...

If a professional steps up, by all means...
cool.gif

Best 2 tips I can give are use resume paper (very professional) and limit the resume to one page (unless you've worked for Donald Trump for 10 years)..most employers get all they need from the first 2 pages.  Pending numbers of applicants, resumes longer than 1 page may head straight to the garbage.  Advice from an instructor while applying to Physical Therapy School.  Good luck Cap, I've got faith in ya.  

God bless,
BD

<!--EDIT|BigDawg_03Busa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1084421832 -->

are you looking for scanable or regular res?
I will pm you mine and you will get the point
scannable are ones that major companies use and traditional ones are used buy well traditional companies
i just took a class, ba 205, a few months ago and we spent a month going over interviews and how they should go and res you should have and how it should be set up.

Hey Captain. Send me your resume', the Company is allways looking for folks with alot of IT experiance. Various positions globally. You can remove all the personally idententifiable data but send me a copy and let me run it up the chain...

2 fold make a resume on paper and send a CD-rom with info and multi media.

Als keep an eye on www.bose.comAnything that you find in your area of expertise and aea of disid residence, let me know.  Please Please use me as a refeence.  

3583BR
Title Manufacturing Information Systems Senior Systems Administrator
City Framingham
State or Country MA - MASSACHUSETTS
Description
Bose Corporation is seeking a senior level systems administrator to oversee its Corporate based manufacturing information systems.
In this position your key responsibilities will be systems administration for the HP3000 MPE and HP9000 Unix based systems supporting mission critical manufacturing applications on a 7 by 24 basis. This will include managing and executing the selection, installation and support of systems software and hardware, administration of security, backup, failure recovery processes, overseeing the systems change control process, providing technical support to end-users and information systems organizations located at manufacturing sites. The position will also provide technical support for the ASK ManMan, i2 Technologies Factory Planner and manufacturing execution systems located on the Framingham campus. The position is also responsible for collaborating with the Corporate Information Services organization to leverage corporate data center, network services and data base administration services. Will work with and support Bose manufacturing sites in implementing corporate policies, procedures and IS solutions.

Minimum Requirements:

BS/BA degree in Information Systems or related area.
A minimum of 8 years related work experience.
Must be highly motivated with excellent communication skills.
Requires participation in off-hours on-call support and approximately 5 to 7% travel to Bose manufacturing sites within and outside the US.
Must have the ability to learn new technical skills at a rapid pace and will provide evidence of moderately high levels of skill in multiple operating systems and/or multiple applications.
A minimum of 2 years of systems administration experience with either HP3000 MPE or HP9000 UNIX systems.
A minimum of 5 years of strong systems administration process knowledge and experience is required in the areas of security, virus protection, system backup, failure recovery, software/hardware change control, system installation and upgrades, data center administration and network services.
A minimum of 3 years of systems administration experience in a large, mature organization that successfully manages its environment through the use of robust, proven tools, procedures and processes. Preferably, this person will have participated in the architecture of this environment.
Preferences:

Ideally, this candidate will have matured as a skilled systems administrator for HP3000 MPE and/or HP9000 Unix systems.
Knowledge of the ManMan Turbo Image database and/or Oracle database.
Experience in supporting systems using ASK ManMan and i2 Technologies Planning Systems
Experience in migrating from HP3000 MPE to newer technologies.

<!--EDIT|Ninja Eater
Reason for Edit: None given...|1084468059 -->

I'd recommend having a primary resume plus other versions tailored towards targeted opportunities. If a certain job is looking for (or only listing) narrow job skills, you'll want to focus inward. For other jobs you'll want to address their requirements as closely as possible without too much deviation.

NZ resume example....

Gidday,
just wanna let anyone whose lookin' to give " Trev " a job, he's a good bugger and I really like the guy,
yours truly, Bert. Cheers. :beerchug:

US Kiwis never talk about ourselves coz we are very modest and self effacing, so we always get our mates to write our 'resumes' or whatever ya call them (bloody tricky word that one) and say nice things about the bloke in question.
Heres a bit of Fred Dagg to wet ya whistle about us Kiwis....

That's how we do it here in the land of milk and sheep.... lots and lots of sheep.

Last edited:
Back