Anyone else agree that Iran's Ahmadinejad needs to go!?

Colin is a good man as well as Schwartzkopf is.
Father and I met both in Riyadh during Desert Storm..

This was after dad and James Baker talked about letters of credit needed for Raytheon to release Patriot missile batteries to Israel without payment......:laugh:
US offered, Israel accepted , Raytheon had hand out looking for payment.
Secy Baker , my father and several others personally arranged letters of credit for the value to appease Raytheon in order for systems to be deployed..

Been there...done that..saw them get put up.
And unfortunately saw the first 2 go off !

The media same as Hussein have built this guy up into the Green Giant when he aint even a green bean !

Last edited:
Eh...I don't agree w/ that statement. If he wasn't kept on a short leash I think he'd willingly have his hands in a lot of pots designed at doing ill will to Americans.
He can have all the free speech he wants, doesn't need to bow to us either...he just needs to decide which side he wants to play on.
The idea that he is a loose cannon is partly truth, but also partly an exaggeration by the media. Don't believe everything you watch on TV is the lesson to be learned here.

Has anyone in this thread actually been to the middle east in a non military fashion ?

Walked around the streets of Beirut, Damascus, Jerusalem, Baghdad, Cairo, Tripoli, Khartoum......anyone.....

Talked to average folks there over lunch in the street.
An American to a.....

Anyone.....

I have.

They arent all bad nor do all of 'them' hate all of us...

I have...Baghdad....when it was actually a nice city.....and jerusalem.....been to them both inside and while out of the military...

Blanca is pretty much dead on....its a big game of chess, and to the average folk they are just like us, dont care what thier gov does....most all jus about themselves...friendly too and alot like americans actually.....extremist and politicians have one thing in common, theyre all the same and make everyone else look really bad...I actually met lots of muslims who loved america.....

But thats it...the average folk...not the 10k extremist or radical and opressing dictator.....and unfortunately a good portion of the people there ahve been brought up oppressed and with extremist views....just like in korea.....they grow learning we are evil bla bla...know this for a fact...I know a couple scapees through family aquantaince and the stories are amazing.... maybe its me...but if inoccent people in japan or any other country where bieng attacked by a rogue state...id go help.....why not...they have the right to live too...

This is again coming from me...12 yrs in the USMC average of 5 years spent in the Middle east (all the tours) and still going as a private firm.....

he IS a NUT,...and hopefully gets wiped out.....just look at what he does to his people....it be great if they could do it themselves and take care of him...but they cant and that is something the media does not exagerate...same thing with old S.H.....unfortunately we are the heroes, and not so much at other times...but ohh well someones gotta do it and who else.....sometimes we go over board yeah maybe...but its all part of it...unfortunately what he does and doesnt do affects us directly and indirectly,.....thats why we are all in thier business.....and not minding our own business...its a big cookie jar....and everyone wants to be a part of it..

Last edited:
Back