Anyone else agree that Iran's Ahmadinejad needs to go!?

rutrippin.jpg

This is not support for him but I am curious how many folks here speak Farsee and actually understand what he says or are you getting translation from CNN ?

Is he not the leader of a sovereign nation and has the same right to FREE SPEECH we do ?
Ok so maybe he's a nut and you don't agree with but same opinion can be applied all over the globe !

Only two things make him stand out here .
His opinions of Israel and the fact he will not bow to the USA !

I just don't get why we spend our time trying to control others ?
We need to be careful because one day someone bigger than us with more righteous beliefs than ours may come here and try to control us and force us to change our wicked ways .

IRAN NEVER WAS AND NEVER WILL BE A DIRECT THREAT TO THE USA ONLY ITS NEIGHBORS AND LIKE IRAQ AND AFGHANISTAN IF YOUR COMFY WITH YOUR CHILDREN DYING IN POLITICAL WARS THAN KEEP ON TALKING BECAUSE THEY WILL BE THERE DEFENDING ISRAEL OVER POLITICS AND RELIGION AND NOT GENIUINE CAUSE.

Again no support for him just tired of us caring about too many things outside of our borders.

This is not support for him but I am curious how many folks here speak Farsee and actually understand what he says or are you getting translation from CNN ?

Is he not the leader of a sovereign nation and has the same right to FREE SPEECH we do ?
Ok so maybe he's a nut and you don't agree with but same opinion can be applied all over the globe !

We need to be careful because one day someone bigger than us with more righteous beliefs than ours may come here and try to control us and force us to change our wicked ways .

IRAN NEVER WAS AND NEVER WILL BE A DIRECT THREAT TO THE USA ONLY ITS NEIGHBORS AND LIKE IRAQ AND AFGHANISTAN IF YOUR COMFY WITH YOUR CHILDREN DYING IN POLITICAL WARS THAN KEEP ON TALKING BECAUSE THEY WILL BE THERE DEFENDING ISRAEL OVER POLITICS AND RELIGION AND NOT GENIUINE CAUSE.

Again no support for him just tired of us caring about too many things outside of our borders.
Amen, someone gets it. :thumbsup:

Amen, someone gets it. :thumbsup:

Eh...I don't agree w/ that statement. If he wasn't kept on a short leash I think he'd willingly have his hands in a lot of pots designed at doing ill will to Americans.
He can have all the free speech he wants, doesn't need to bow to us either...he just needs to decide which side he wants to play on.

I agree with the premise that you present here, but the reality forces us to do something. We can debate all day how we got there, but the situation is there are hundreds of thousands of Americans in the region, well within distance of being attacked by Iran.

While I think the guy is nuts, I do not blame him for not bowing to America and the rest of the world. No one likes to be bullied. At this point though he is antagonizing the West with these statements.

Like it or not, there is a global community with which Iran and the US are both big players in. The Israel vs Palestinian issue is also much larger than just the Isrealis and the Palestinians. The US is not the only superpower pushing for power in the region, so unfortunately merely leaving the region is not in our interest. China and Russia would then wield disproportionate sway over resources the gloabl and American economy rely on.

While I and the bulk of the American public are not happy with the current situation we are in, the bottom line remains we have to resolve it in a way that does not leave us at a disadvantage internationally.

All that being said I do not have the solution. I do not want more military ops in the region, but diplomacy does not seem practical with China and Russia protecting their own interests. I just know that we do have to do something, or else our position becomes even worse.

Last edited:
He is obviously an attention ***** who rules by fear and intimidation. That will only lasts for so long. Either the underground or his own followers will take him out. It's just a matter of time.

I don't think he is an immediate threat to us here on the mainland. Our troops and citizens in his neighborhood are a different story though. Guys like him always talk tough until it's time to play serious.......

Last edited:
Cut and paste from;

Gwynne Dyer : Why Iran needs a different approach from Obama - page 2 - Gwynne Dyer - NZ Herald News

Gwynne Dyer: Why Iran needs a different approach from Obama

"You have to admire Barack Obama's attempt to reopen the lines of communication with Iran - but you don't have to admire it much.

Iran's real leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, was certainly not impressed: "Our nation cannot be talked to like this. In the same congratulatory message they [the Obama Administration] accuse the Iranian nation of supporting terrorism, pursuing nuclear arms, and such things. What has changed?"

Not much, it would seem. Amidst all the soft soap about the wonders of Iranian culture that took up most of President Obama's message to Iranians last week, what stood out was his remark that while Iran should take its "rightful place in the community of nations ... that place cannot be reached through terror or arms".

The measure of Iran's greatness, he added, is not "the capacity to destroy".

This is a subtler restatement of the same accusations that the Bush Administration has been making for years - that Iran supports terrorism by providing arms to Hezbollah in Lebanon and to Hamas in the occupied Palestinian territories, and that it is secretly working on nuclear weapons.

To Iranian ears, he sounds like George W. Bush with better manners.

This is a pity, because he is more than that. He has dropped the Bush policy of threatening to attack Iran ("all options are on the table"), at least so long as his administration is committed to the current track of diplomacy.

He has also effectively blocked an Israeli attack, since Israel would not do that without Washington's permission. The world is already a safer place.

But most Iranians do not accept these accusations as legitimate, and they are sick of hearing them.

So forget for a moment the almost universal assumption in the Western media that they are true, and consider the evidence. Iran certainly does supply weapons to Hezbollah and Hamas, both of which are defined by the US State Department as "terrorist organisations".

But then the State Department also defined Nelson Mandela as a terrorist for his support of armed confrontation with apartheid - yet mysteriously failed to call Ronald Reagan a terrorist when he armed the "contras" against the Sandinista regime in Nicaragua.

In the former British empire alone, Irgun in Israel, Mau Mau in Kenya, EOKA in Cyprus and the IRA in Northern Ireland all employed brutal terrorism in their struggles - but their leaders all ended up having tea with the Queen.

As the political leader of Hamas, Khaled Meshaal said in response to Barack Obama's speech, official US contact with his movement is only "a matter of time".

In 2006, Hamas won the only really free and fair election ever held by the Palestinians, and today it governs a well-defined tract of territory, the Gaza Strip (albeit one under permanent siege by Israel).

Hezbollah has seats in the Lebanese Parliament, and is part of the country's "National Unity" Government.

Supporting them puts Iran in direct opposition to current US policy, but it does not make it a "terrorist" state.

As for the nuclear weapons allegations, who knows? Under the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty, which Iran signed, member states may develop the full nuclear fuel cycle.

They can even get help from the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), so long as they accept close inspection to ensure that they do not enrich the nuclear fuel from 20 per cent pure (good enough for reactors) to 90 per cent pure ("weapons-grade").

Iran has basically abided by those rules, but the major Western powers distrust its intentions. That's why they moved the case from the IAEA to the United Nations Security Council, where they can declare Iran a threat to the peace and demand it stops doing what the Non-Proliferation Treaty says it is free to do, provided safeguards are observed.

Given all the excited talk, you'd think there must be some proof of Iran's alleged plan to make nuclear weapons, but in fact there is none.

Earlier this month Dennis Blair, US Director of National Intelligence, told the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence: "Although we do not know whether Iran currently intends to develop nuclear weapons, we assess Tehran, at a minimum, is keeping open the option to develop them."

That is a fair assessment of the reality - and it is perfectly legal for Iran to keep its options open in that way. Iran is not a rogue state. It is an unusual country, ultimately under the rule of religious leaders whose world view is very different from that of most other people.

But that does not mean that they are "mad mullahs", or bent on national suicide via nuclear war. Barack Obama is right to try to restart a long overdue conversation, but he needs to back up and start again.

cheers
ken

Which side he is on ?
How bout same side as us his own ?

Who's side are we on other than the side that serves our own puposes !

Far be it for him to be an Iranian who thinks only about Iran ?

If you think the jihad will stop with Israel wiped off the map, you deserve to be the next in line you do not wipe out the myth they propagandize is some guy who flew up to the sky on a white horse is gonna pay you play with the myth makers that run the rant that it is your fault they are gonna kill you dinguess dong is infidels.

It's a blame game and your gov is being sucked into that myth is the flow of that killing cult is coming to get chew you all up and spit you out is throw the bums out!

Look at you rope is 60% of the pop pew late.... Too Late! :rofl:

If you think the jihad will stop with Israel wiped off the map, you deserve to be the next in line you do not wipe out the myth they propagandize is some guy who flew up to the sky on a white horse is gonna pay you play with the myth makers that run the rant that it is your fault they are gonna kill you dinguess dong is infidels.

It's a blame game and your gov is being sucked into that myth is the flow of that killing cult is coming to get chew you all up and spit you out is throw the bums out!

Look at you rope is 60% of the pop pew late.... Too Late! :rofl:

What did you say? :headache: :cookoo:

He's trying really hard to provoke us into a war with them, because he seriously believes that's going to bring back the 12th iman (known as the hidden imam). He believes the iman will only return after a period of cosmic chaos, war and bloodshed (what we believe to be the apocalypse).

Personally if he wants it so bad I think we should honor his request. :laugh:

Maybeeee it's because the guy is developing nuclear weapons and has vowed
to wipe Israel (an ally) of the face of the earth...

By your assesment we shouldn't have gotten involved in WWII in europe...doesn't
concern us.

Or maybe turn a blind eye to North Korea developing nukes and launching
missles in the direction of Japan (another ally).

I understand what your saying, I too wish we would stop trying to "liberate"
the entire world at the expense of our children but...if Iran exploded a nuke
on Israel in an attempt at genocide or Korea on Japan...I have no problem
signing up to defend them.

This is a true madman and a twelver getting his hands on nuclear weapons...
this is far beyond free speach...

Last edited:
As I asked before do you speak Farsee or are you getting the translation from the media ?

I don't give two u know what's if Iran nukes Israel because it won't affect my life in sunny florida one bit.
Don't care if Korea nukes japan won't affect me in the least .

Theoretically speaking of course .
The fallout and all that is a sep disc.

Just would like to know how what when and where a 200 yr old country becomes so much holier than a 5000 yr old country .

Have we not vowed to wipe our enemies off the face of the map ?
Oh but I see when a country 'not on our side' says same OMG they are evil incarnate !

Let Israel and Japan defend themselves .

He's developing nukes . Yeah so what the only country on earth that has ever used them in aggression is us but yet again our holier than they attitude tries to convince all they have no right to same tech ?

Just tired of even worrying about outside when we ourselves are so close to self implosion .

A madman had conquered a continent and murdered thousands already , then we were directly attacked and forced to go to war .

Your WWII. comparison is nowhere near same .
Geesh now your comparing him to Hitler !

Numerous madman and dictators in the world but since this one is anti Semitic he's the worst .

Let me see when the next time the Liberia gets attacked by it's neighbors in a diamond war I'm sure you will be first to sign up cuz they are our ally.

Back