anyone done these mods?

davedeez

Registered
Got a '06 Busa looking for info on Factory Pro velocity stacks and their ignition advancer. Has anyone done these mods. If so what do you think, are they worth doing?

heres a thread on them. everyone says less than a few hp at the most, except a few people that make them. :whistle:

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gen-ii-busa-information/94907-velocity-stacks.html

the ignition advance is probably just another TRE and IMHO, i would talk to smithabusa about ECU flashing instead.

My favorite subject......:whistle:

Marc you out there? This is a spoof right, just to see if I would post up? :laugh:

Save your money on the FP stacks, go with 4 short OEM stacks. Save you some $$ you can spend on other things that will give you more.

:beerchug:

Thanks for the info. One other thing my bike is mapped ,would the map need to be tweeked with all 4 short stacks. I was told that each cylinder has been mapped.

the advancer will make your bike run hotter and the stacks unless you have some big upgrades I think suzuki has the all around stacks in unless you like all bottom end or all top end

When I was having my bike dyno tuned, the tuner wanted to try the FP velocity stacks on my basically stock bike, as a result, I gained 3 hp and no torque. So, to me it wasn't worth the money to play with the velocity stacks.

Dave, I have a 2006 model with FP stacks and a flashed ECU.

Bike11.jpg

It makes better torque at lower RPM, although the power noses over above 10,500.
That's fine for me, as it's a street bike, not a drag-racer.
Overall, I don't know that the FP stacks make that much of a difference by themselves, but combining them with new maps for your ECU can get you a smoother, better ride for the street, if that's what you're after. (And it's a lot cheaper than getting a Power Commander & custom mapping!)

Last edited:
I have the Stacks and they did me fine. I am overseas and not able to dyno my bike so I can't tell you what the #'s:cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader::laugh: are. With the few mods I have done it gives me just what I need. I hope this helps.
B.P.

FP Velocity Stacks
PC3 Basic map
4 into 1 Bozbro headers to a slip on Yoshi
Tre
Stretched 6in
:laugh::cheerleader:

Back