anyone do vinyl printing....poster size type?

jdsbusa

Registered
I figured I'd check fellow org members first, I'm looking to have 2 pics printed either on poster/photo material or preferably a heavier vinyl......some fodder for the garage. :laugh: They're pics from US129 so resolution should be just fine for a 24x36" print. Just wondering if anyone does this sort of thing here. I've found plenty of places online but if I can keep it in the org....well.... :thumbsup:

uh oh...I smell a group buy! :laugh:

I thought skydiver or someone did the VMan decals for the spring bash from here....I don't want adhesive, just something heavy that will last and look GOOD!!

yeah, that's who took the originals, they're from the dvd's I purchased from the Bash...but if I remember correctly I'd be looking at over $50 a pop for something that big. There's a lot of other places out there for $20 or less for poster (vinyl obviously being a bit more but it's something I'm considering as the cost of a decent frame pushes the poster price up).

Actually Randy, I just checked, US129 doesn't even offer anything in the 24x36" size that I'm looking for....

tmpowdercoating, I'll give your buddy a holler and see what shakes down. If anyone within the org can still hook me up let me know....twotone too!

Last edited:
I can print them; i'm looking at the printer about 20 feet away. I've got stuff like that all over the house. The real problem in doing this is that most people want them mounted, but you can't hardly ship if without it getting torn up.

If you just want it mounted on photo grade vinyl, PM me send me the pics and let me see what I can do.

P.S. You' can go bigger than 24x36 as big as a shipping tube will accomodate.

Oh yeah, and another thing, you can now get stuff printed on 'Fathead' vinyl (soft reusable aheasive sticks straight to the painted wall and can be peeled off and reset...I've been wanting to try that. The Fathead vinyl comes in 30 and 54 inch widths, so you have to scale so that either x or y doesn't exceed.

Last edited:
any update on this? I may be interested in getting something done also.

I haven't heard anything lately; however, I did print a HUGE skydiving print on fathead vinyl and stuck it to my basement wall looks VERY COOL

Limitation I see is a shipping container at about 36 inches by whatever it works out to be.

We had a comp named colorgraph out of tulsa ok print our signs. They were priced nice, and mom and pop. But nice work.
Posted via Mobile Device

any update on this? I may be interested in getting something done also.

Kinda got put on the back burner Travis, Keith got busy, I got busy....we just never really finished anything although we had nailed down a pic - just never got to talk business about $$.

search for a thread titled "man cave additions. Someone just posted about someone making him huge banners for around $25 just last week. Think it was demmym.

Back