Anybody here work sales at an auto dealership?

Over_Easy

GEO-STABILIZATION EXPERT
Donating Member
Registered
I have a 2007 Infinit G35 Sedan I need to get out from under ASAP and I'm 19 months into a 39 month lease. I'm at 24,000 miles with another 24,000 to give.

My plan is to trade-in or sell privately, but I don't have the time to sell privately, so I'm looking at a trade-in on a USED car and roll the difference into the $10-12,000 used car purchase.

QUESTION: How willing are dealers willing to work with you on trading in a car for a much lesser used car in their inventory?

Is CarMax my only hope in doing something like this?

Try Lease trader! Seriously.

It works and it's the easiest way to get out without taking a huge hit.

Chances are you won't be able to sell it outright and pay off the residual on the lease without getting raped. Check your current KBB. It's the problem with leasing. When you lease you don't put down much money (Which is the whole point of leasing) but when you go to sell mid term you can find yourself way upside down in terms of what you owe VS Market.
FWIW.

Lease trader might be the least painful way to go.

And FWIW, ANY dealership is going to rape you on this as they cannot and will not even give you blue book on the trade so you might end up really beat up. They will have to pay Infiniti the full residual amount and that's likely a showstopper depending on the difference between Blue Book (Or what they claim as book) and the amount needed to satisfy the lease terms.

Last edited:
Take it FWIW, I'm not a Car Salesman but I was at the bike dealership for the last few years and given the business isn't about helping anyone out.

Though I am in the middle of getting rid of my BMW so I am in a fairly similar position.

I'd look into that too. I traded in a Lincoln Navigator 12 mo. from end of lease on a purchase of a new SUV and got raped.

you will be upside down on that car if you trade, how much? depends on the payoff on your lease. call infinti( nissan) finance get your 10 day payoff and then look at kelly blue book under trade in value that would give you estimate of what your car worth and based on your pay off you will know how much upside down you are.
with good credit finance companies can carry up to 130% to 140% depends on what kind of car. this will get rid of some of or most of your negative equity.

good luck and if you need more help send me a PM and i help you more.

I have a few people who prefer to purchase the car, which I'm fine with. Payoff is $26,141 until March 23.

Problem with trnasfering the lease is that it's not an absolute transfer. A third party just gets pre-approved by Infiniti and they add their name to the lease. There is a company in Miami that will lease out the car for me while taking full responsibility of the new lessee paying for the car and insurance. If the new lessee doesn't make the payment on time then they pay it for them and will repossess the car.

Back