Anybody have problems with after market levers?

Stilslo

Registered
I'm trying to track down a nagging FI lamp. Anybody have problems with FP levers not actuating the clutch switch properly? Or any other after market lever for that matter. Just trying to narrow things down on this C40 fault indicator.

Yes, I have FP levers on my Gixxer 1k, and they are a problem. They will not engage the clutch switch in position 1. But they will in any other.

I contacted FP racing about it, even took a pic for them of the OEM lever and the FP Lever (lined up so they could see the error); I was pretty much blown off by them so that will be the last set I purchase. Work fine in any other position.

I have known 2 people so far with problems wiht the FP levers. Not sure what they are doing diffrently than any other lever maker, but I will definitly stay away from them!

I can engage the switch in all positions. I think the contacts may not always be releasing. That would explain the lamp and resulting issues. Im going to order a new switch first and see what happens.

Before you order a switch, try some electrical contact cleaner from your local auto parts store. You may just have some dirt or something in there and this will help and not harm the contacts.

Also, I have the Chazzos and they do not trigger the switch in position one. Although, I paid $35 for them so I am not complaining.

Before you order a switch, try some electrical contact cleaner from your local auto parts store. You may just have some dirt or something in there and this will help and not harm the contacts.

Also, I have the Chazzos and they do not trigger the switch in position one. Although, I paid $35 for them so I am not complaining.

I'll give it a shot. Thanks

my fp levers wont engage in 1, 2, or iirc 3. they are JUNK! their customer service is horrible and they lied to us saying they will be the best lever made for the gen2. i wont send them another nickel, and do my best to make sure nobody else does.

pazzos have the rubbing issue on gen2 bikes as well, which is why i wont buy them. ill be using asv or stock when i start spending money on my bike again.

my fp levers wont engage in 1, 2, or iirc 3. they are JUNK! their customer service is horrible and they lied to us saying they will be the best lever made for the gen2. i wont send them another nickel, and do my best to make sure nobody else does.

pazzos have the rubbing issue on gen2 bikes as well, which is why i wont buy them. ill be using asv or stock when i start spending money on my bike again.

That's strange! I've installed them on half a dozen Gen II's and they work flawlessly. Are you sure it's the levers?

That's strange! I've installed them on half a dozen Gen II's and they work flawlessly. Are you sure it's the levers?

100% positive. skydiver has the same issue, so you put the levers in the lowest positions and it starts the bike? mine wont even fully disengage the clutch in position 1.

mine also rub on the brake side, but that doesnt bother me as much as the lever with useless adjust ability.

Back