Chazzo levers problem

AJAY

Registered
Discovered a problem with my Chinese "Pazzo" levers. This applies only to the LONG style, so it shouldn't affect most people who buy the short style.

My fingers are short, and I was using the levers set to 1 or 2 for the smallest reach to the lever. At this setting, my bike would not always start with the clutch lever pulled in, as it did not move enough close the starter safety interlock switch. No interlock, no start! Moving the adjustment lever above 3 seems to always close the interlock switch.

Not a big problem, but it took me some time to figure it out and thought I'd mention it here in case anybody else runs into trouble with their bike not starting. Cheers.

Discovered a problem with my Chinese "Pazzo" levers. This applies only to the LONG style, so it shouldn't affect most people who buy the short style.

My fingers are short, and I was using the levers set to 1 or 2 for the smallest reach to the lever. At this setting, my bike would not always start with the clutch lever pulled in, as it did not move enough close the starter safety interlock switch. No interlock, no start! Moving the adjustment lever above 3 seems to always close the interlock switch.

Not a big problem, but it took me some time to figure it out and thought I'd mention it here in case anybody else runs into trouble with their bike not starting. Cheers.

yep you get it on the shortys to, took me ages to work out why my bike wouldnt start:laugh:

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/busa-mods/148642-chazzo-pics-thoughts.html

yep you get it on the shortys to, took me ages to work out why my bike wouldnt start:laugh:

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/busa-mods/148642-chazzo-pics-thoughts.html
Thanks for clarifying that this also applies to the shorties. It wouldn't be a problem if it weren't so hard to flip that adjustment lever over to 4 or 5 and then back to the 1 or 2 position. All that extra work just to start my bike! :rofl:

These levers are some of the nicest, cheapest bling I've added to my bike. Indeed, the only bling I've added. Really more of a farkle (BMW/tourbike speak for "functional sparkle" = "farkle").

mini-P1020769.JPG

mini-P1020770.JPG

mini-P1020771.JPG

mini-P1020774.JPG

mini-P1020775.JPG

i have the same issue. Im sure its with all Chazzos. I just keep mine in postion 2 and squeeze hard to get it to start.

Well the stock ones did not adjust to as close to the lever as the chazzos do...

I never noticed that. I think my clutch is on 4 or 5....

Hi, I'm new to this site.. just wanted to say that those levers look great, I too have ordered some and am waiting for them to arrive.

I happened to find myself in a welll known german motorcycle spares outlet today and the bloke was trying to sell me some pazzos. When I mentioned about these 'chazzo's' he said that he had been told about a guy who had some and his front brake stuck on spitting him off! I'm now a little concerned whether he just said that to get me to buy the genuine ones (most likely) or whether there is an issue with some of them. Has anyone heard anything like that or is he making it up? He didn't say what bike this was on.

Cheers.

Just make sure that they clear the fairings at full lock on each side, and you will be good.

You can adjust the clutch switch, so it will start on those other settings as well

Hi, I'm new to this site.. just wanted to say that those levers look great, I too have ordered some and am waiting for them to arrive.

I happened to find myself in a welll known german motorcycle spares outlet today and the bloke was trying to sell me some pazzos. When I mentioned about these 'chazzo's' he said that he had been told about a guy who had some and his front brake stuck on spitting him off! I'm now a little concerned whether he just said that to get me to buy the genuine ones (most likely) or whether there is an issue with some of them. Has anyone heard anything like that or is he making it up? He didn't say what bike this was on.

Cheers.

They will be fine. As you will find out, many people who do not agree with buying the chinese parts will tell you anything they think is wrong with them. Even call them "dangerous" or just blow smoke saying how bad they are. The levers work perfectly fine and just as good as the pazzos. You will not be disappointed.

Thx..... Got my levers yesterday, shown as shipped on 23rd, only 6 days postage to the UK!!!! All I can say is wow, these are the nuts! I studied some pazzos the other day and these chazzos are identical in every way.
Haven't had time to fit the clutch one yet but the brake lever went in perfectly. Highly recommended.

Mine came from an eBay company called Motomarts.

P.S. This site is great!

Thx..... Got my levers yesterday, shown as shipped on 23rd, only 6 days postage to the UK!!!! All I can say is wow, these are the nuts! I studied some pazzos the other day and these chazzos are identical in every way.
Haven't had time to fit the clutch one yet but the brake lever went in perfectly. Highly recommended.

P.S. This site is great!

:thumbsup:

P.S. This site is great!

Is there any abnormal up and down play with the levers installed? If so, I have a thread lurking around on how to tighten them :beerchug:

Its common for the levers to come a bit loose and the nuts must be tightened but it takes a thin wall socket or a strategically placed alan wrench as I used in the thread to tighten them :thumbsup:

Those Chassos are great ... I have the shorties and have the same problem with the starter interlock on anything below the #3 setting ... personally that doesn't bother me and I flick it to #1 whenever I park to engage the "secret immobiliser" :laugh:

Is there any abnormal up and down play with the levers installed? If so, I have a thread lurking around on how to tighten them :beerchug:

Its common for the levers to come a bit loose and the nuts must be tightened but it takes a thin wall socket or a strategically placed alan wrench as I used in the thread to tighten them :thumbsup:

Yeah, there is a slight bit more play than the standard ones... I can live with it. May have to see your other thread.... Thanks.

Those Chassos are great ... I have the shorties and have the same problem with the starter interlock on anything below the #3 setting ... personally that doesn't bother me and I flick it to #1 whenever I park to engage the "secret immobiliser" :laugh:

Thats actually a great idea lol. It's not much, but anything that might slow em down is a good thing. There's been some attempts at taking neighbor's bikes lately (unsuccessful) so I'm on the look out for new ideas :thumbsup:

Just make sure that they clear the fairings at full lock on each side, and you will be good.

You can adjust the clutch switch, so it will start on those other settings as well

It does it with some other levers that will get close to. my clutch was still engaged at the closer setting.
Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks!

All I did was loosen the screw holding the clutch switch, push it in further, and re tighten. Position #1 can now be used to start the bike.

Well, I've got the Pazzo shorties. I transferred the set for my Gen I to my Gen II. Now after 3 years use on the Gen II I've started having the same issue. I could build the lever up and fix the issue, but right now I just cycle the lever when it fails to work.

+1 on functionality. I have a set of shorties that I've been running for about a year now, and haven't had any issues with them. They're the same lever, you're just paying/not paying for the name.

Back