Anybody have pet rabbits? got rabbit problem

NIGHTFLIGHT

Banned
One of my stupid neighbors must have released a pet rabbit.
The critter has taken up home in a bush @ end my driveway.
I been giving it carrots+lettuce its tame lets me come right up 2 it.
I got my hands full with this fired up female still puppy or least lot pup in her dog.Im scared a dog will get it dont know were get a cage 4 it thinkin about try make 1.
Can I JUST GRAB IT? Wont bite I dont think but can they bite hard?
CAN THEY TAKE COLD PRETY GOOD SEEMS HAVE THICK FUR.
Seems healthy seen it cleaning its self.I really dont have time 4 it but once a animal ends up in my yard I cant turn my back on it.Any other tips beside my questions apreciated.

should take the cold...if you do try to pick it up grab the skin behind the ears and gently try to pick up..if no real problem put other hand under rear feet and slowly lift to see if its tame to pick up or is used to it...shouldnt bite..but still dont stick your hand near mouth..

could drive out to the woods anywhere around you and release and hope it makes it...or make a cage....decisions...decisions...lol...but i feel as you to help any living thing if i can..

Last edited:
Rabbits are cool... tame ones should let you pick them up with no problems. They are good in the cold and don't bite often... :whistle:

I have a solution....

IMG_4423.jpg

A domestic rabbit won't live long in the wild. Most rabbits won't bite but if it does you'll probably wish you were bit by a dog instead...keep hands away from its face just in case. They'll scratch too when spooked so wear a sweatshirt and gloves.

If you can't catch it, Google the House Rabbit Society for your state. Usually they'll have someone local that will be happy to come by, catch it and put it up for adoption.
If you decide to keep it as a pet, it'll need to be spayed or neutered. Once that's done they make great pets.

This is Bud. Someone tossed him out years ago and was a bit beat up when found from other animal attacks. He's about 9 years old now and in all the years I've had him he's yet to have a single accident outside the litter box. Friendly, playful, easily amused, no noise, no stink and when I go on trips he has an automatic feeder and water system so he can take care of himself.

splinter4.jpg

We had a pair when I was little, "Buck & Honeybun" "Buck" soon had a litter of babies & I havn't trusted rabbits since. :laugh:

If you have trouble catching it, you can get one of those traps that has a door on each side, you put food in the center and when the rabbit goes in, there is a plate on the floor that triggers the doors to close.

Not the best pic, but gives you an idea.....

animal trap.jpg

Back