Anybody else get em

jmaz268

Killin' is my business, a
Donating Member
Registered
I used to get real bad when I was younger. Couple years ago had the inside of my nose cauterized....VERY FUN EXEPERIENCE LET ME TELL YA.

Since I have been overseas been getting alot lately. Make ya feel like crap too. Bleed for almost 2 hours today. Wondering if there is any other procedures available to fix.

John

i know this sounds nuts but it works for me, when and if i get a nosebleed, i

1. immediatly place an icepack on the back of my neck, keep it there, it will drastically reduce bloodflow to your nose
2. evaluate your hydration level
3. hit the gatorade, and follow up with at least 1.5 gallons of water a day
4. during the summertime, it is not unusual for me to drink 3-4 gallons of water during the workday, just to stay alive

anyway, good luck....

-WHEELMAN

4 galons a day? r u sure about it? How many times you need to pee.... 20?
amazingly enough, yes, up to 4 gallons a day, my job is very strenuous and labor intensive, and with temperatures reaching as high as 115 ambient, up to 130 on the tarmac, i sweat out nearly everything i consume, i need to pee when i get done for the day, but remarkably, not once during the work day

-WHEELMAN

wow that is a alot of water. I may drink 1-2 galloons a day. Hardly ever soda anymore

thats a start, soda's contain caffiene, a diahrettic, it dehydrates you, also the carbonation in soda can lower the oxygen content in your blood, both can affect nosebleeds, especially if you are prone to getting them in the first place.

-WHEELMAN

Try taking some vaseline or chap stick on the end of your finger and then sticking it up your nose. You may just have really dry nose skin.

yeah my skin is always really dry anyway I figure that is what it is. I really don't want to use the same vaseline as what I use for.......ummm you get the point
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
jk

biggrin.gif

jmaz did you have both nostrils done? actually had mine done when I was younger, and took my 3 year old to have his done this morning. might wanna go back and see if they missed a bleeder vessel.
hope it works out for you.
Tony

umm when I had it done they did one nose hole more than other because they could see the scar tissue was worse in one than the other. But I think the one the did more to is the one that always bleeds now. When i had mine done.....from what I understand there is two methods they can use, a heat one and a chemical one. They did the chemical one. they said the pain was less and it healed faster. But maybe I should have done the soldiering iron in the nose trick.

ditto here ....apparently used to scare the bajesus out of my parents...nosebleeds in the middle of the night...pillow after pillow ruined....hair caked in it...I remember very little of that.
I got the same procedure and it hardly ever bothers me now.
BUT ...when I am in drier climates (such as the mountains during winter)....the mucus tends to be produced more rapidly...prolly just the body trying to hold in moisture....dunno.

keep up on the iron pills.

my sinuses are whacked these days.....when I blow my nose, I can feel air exiting my tearduct.
laugh.gif

My dad used to have this problem, he ended up having his nose down twice (with heat). He is 62 now and hasn't had a nose bleed in over 2 years.

Nosebleeds: God's way of saying it's time to change your oil. It's good to trade all your blood at least yearly and this is just a more conveniant way to do so. Let it flow. Oh sure, it's embarrassing at parties when you spin around quick and red streaks plaster all over girls nearby in white dresses, but they'll understand and laugh it off. Achient doctors used to use Leeches to pull blood out of people and cure almost everything from amnesian to a missing limb. If it worked for them, it's good enough for us. But have you priced leeches lately? Live ones are costly and the dead ones are too hard to work with. And Walmart has stopped carrying leeches for 2006. Anyway...

seriously, I feel for ya, I used to have them all the time as a child too. now I only get them when the air is SUPER dry. Good luck with it. I wasn't making fun of you, just havign fun with you.
smile.gif

Try sleeping with a humidifier.

Chap stick in the nares works during the day.

Stay away from aspirin and aspirin containing products.

You may want to visit your doc to make sure you do not have a clotting disorder.

Also, how's your blood pressure?

Hope this helps!

<!--EDIT|tpbio
Reason for Edit: None given...|1141496230 -->

Back