Any UK \'Busa riders for drags at Santa Pod??

OB_GASABUSA

Registered
Pooh
The engine is back together and ready to go in.Do you want your airbox back or can I mod it for mine?If I get the engine back in the suspenders will have to come off the exhaust.It'll be lonely without it.So the March date might be on.
Gasabusa
oops! I'll be in Gainesville

[This message has been edited by GASABUSA (edited 24 February 2000).]

Damn it! The 19ths no good either! it's Paddys day on the 17th and I'll be lying in a gutter in Dublin somewhere 'til at least Monday anyway!

To be quite honest March is a no goer for me as I've got lots of things planned, A date in April would be pretty "doable"

Just looked up the web pages cheers! April 2nd may be a goer, I've got a track day on the 1st and if the bike is still in one piece, I should be able to finish off the weekend (bike?) nicely.

There has to be a few UK 'Busa owners here somewhere?? **silence**

Anyway....5th March, Run wot you Brung session at the Pod. I'm sure that if the likes of Cheese, Assabusa, a Daddybusa and turbotim can arrange a drag meeting in the US then surely we can do the same in tiny ol' England?? **tumbleweed rolls past**

Any takers??

Damn I'm on standby on the 5th of March, what are the other dates available?
I'm sure could get my ZX9C2 riding brother and mate to come along as a nice challenge for us!

Must get round to fitting my Brock mod!

Dangermouse:

19th March is the next one after the 5th

These two sites detail it all.

www.eurodragster.com or www.uk1320.com

ZX9R's are banned 'til I get my starts right :-) as is anyone under 250lbs. Ha ha...only kidding, it'll be nice to have some competition for a change....it soon gets boring wasting 'blades and the like.

I hope you guys dont get dizzy and fall off going round in all those circles.I'm sure goldfish have the same problem going round and round all day.
Gasabusa

Gasabusa:

Motor all done huh? When are you planning to dyno it? The airbox mod I can live with...the stumble is hardly noticable so go ahead and chop away. Gainesville? Lucky git.

Danger:

No problem, It'll give me a chance to get some much needed experience in. I also have a trackday on the 12th March at Cadwell Park, first time on a circuit...where's your trackday?

Pooh, I'm at Oulton Park on the 1st and Mallory on the 21st (not a busa track if I ever saw one!)
it'll be the first time I've ever run the Busa on a track.
If you are a fairly quick rider then practice hanging off before you get to the track, The Busa hasn't got the most ground clearance in the world - which is what I'm afraid of (I've touched the exhaust can down on the R1 with my knee trapped between the ground and the fairing!)

I assume you're running the "100% bikes" trackday - I hope you're not in the fast group they have a lot of racers turning up of their days!

Cadwell tips (corner by corner)...
the first corners (hall bends) treat as a left hander, ignore the right hand kink straight lining it.
Hairpin (tight r/h) - watch it, run off consists of a metal barrier.
Barn (med r/h) - this is off camber and under trees so it takes days to dry properly! be easy on the throttle short-shifting through there, it's a high-side waiting to happen.
Coppice (med/fast l/h) don't go in too hot or it'll compromise your speed on the whole second portion of the track, try to stay on the left hand side of the track exiting Coppice to set you up for....
Charles (fast multi apex right handler) it's a apex, drift out, apex affair very fast - a balls corner.
Talking of balls, park straight is next which goes into a dip which can smash the aforementioned items up against the tank - be prepared!
Park (fast r/h) most people brake far too early for Park because the approach is on a brow go flat over the brow and brake when you get to the markers. Park leads to Chris Curve (fast r/h) really it's one big corner, Chris curve can be scary as it's quite fast go in wide out of Park and then apex as normal, break in good time for...
Gooseneck a right/left chicane on a brow, you always think you are going to run wide on the exit, just crank it over there's tons of grip you can almost straightline it treating it as a left-hand kink. Then downhill to....
Mansfield (Slow/Mid l/h) , this corner scares the living daylights out of me because it's down hill and off camber, you have to carry a lot of front brake into the apex then get smoothly on the gas out, I've never gone as fast round here as you can coz it's so hard to judge take it easy!
A couple of fast kinks taken as oyu see them then back onto the pit straight via two sharp left/right bends, just off the r/h bend there is....
The Mountain, this - whether you like it or not causes huge wheelies, fast boys jump it and are air born for 20+ metres, try to put a little bit of weight on the pegs and be prepared to hit the back brake if you stuff it up - it's oh so easy to flip the bike here.

Congratulations you have completed a lap of Cadwell Park! an enthralling but dangerous track, respect it and you'll have the time of your life.

I wrote a little trackday virgins 10 commandments if you are interested.....
http://www.motorcycleworld.co.uk/talk/talk.asp?page=Talk+Bikes&fn=d&rm=18&mid=7444

If the link doesn't work then I'll post it if you're interested!

[This message has been edited by DangerMouse (edited 25 February 2000).]

Danger:

You obviously know Cadwell Park quite well!!

I'll print that of and tape it to the tank so I can read it as I approach each corner.....then again maybe not!! hehehe

Thanks very much for the info, it'll be learn by the time I get there....so if I head into the senery I'll blame you :-)

I'm in the doddering old grandma's group to start with...wobbling around the outside of the track for the first session and then showing them how it's done for the rest of the day. I'll email all of them with pics of the rear of my bike so they'll know it's me that's just blown the decals off their machine. **dream**

Back