Any Sponsors In The House?

pohl99

Banned
smile.gif

I want the absolute best deal on the Yoshimura R77 Carbon Fiber Slip-Ons for the '08

Who do I talk to? Who's got it?

Thanks for bearing with the redundancy.

Gonna search, but if you had to say whether the installation is easy or difficult, which is it?

I can tell you that they are NOT going to post the best deal here... you need to call them on the phone...

lots of reasons for this but I can assure you that on the phone with CC in hand is going to net best deal...

super.gif
PM -->
Mr Bogus @ Jul. 13 2008 said:
1473971[/ATTACH] PM]
I can tell you that they are NOT going to post the best deal here... you need to call them on the phone...  

lots of reasons for this but I can assure you that on the phone with CC in hand is going to net best deal...
Absolutely.  I would not expect anyone trying to be competitive to post their price here.

Do you have any more specific information that might help me... like, in your opinion, who offers a great deal on this product and might ship in a timely manner?

That would be most helpful.

Otherwise, I'd likely not purchase from a board sponsor, ya know?

super.gif

Looks like there was a recent post mentioning some board sponsors - I'll try them out, but if you have an opinion...

GPW quoted me a great price on the r77 stainless steel slipons, so mabey they will do a good deal on the carbon fiber as well. im going to call them tomorow and if its a good deal on the carbon i might get them instead.

Got my exhaust from Greg at HPW. They are a great bunch and I will do business with them again.

Well, I'm all for getting a deal but if I have to choose between 50 bucks or so savings via Ebay on an item that retails for $1100 and a board sponsor with a proven reputation, good customer service (and one who has shared a lot of valuable information with board members), I'll choose a board sponsor any day. That's just me though. If I'm strapped for cash in a hard way, well maybe that'd be a different story.

Well, I'm all for getting a deal but if I have to choose between 50 bucks or so savings via Ebay on an item that retails for $1100 and a board sponsor with a proven reputation, good customer service (and one who has shared a lot of valuable information with board members), I'll choose a board sponsor any day.  That's just me though.  If I'm strapped for cash in a hard way, well maybe that'd be a different story.
Well, $75+ is sorta a lot to part with for your reasons, which I don't feel as strongly as you, apparently.  Maybe you are just a nicer guy than me.

Maybe if it was $20 or $30 sure - I'll donate that to a good cause here.

Personally, I really don't care what the product retails for - that's just what the manufacturer thinks it is worth.  I have my own opinion of what it is worth.

If I was strapped for cash, I wouldn't be purchasing metal cans to make my bike look/sound cooler.

Always a yen for a yang I guess.

get a tiforce carbon setup they are sweet for the 08
Seriously considered tiForce, for sure.

I would do 4-2-1 full also btw, but just don't have anyone I trust (including myself) to do it right... and really don't wanna hassle with changing the functional things of the bike much beyond the original design.  The idea of hooking up my bike to a computer, though I am proficient with computers, to alter it's performance sorta intimidates me.

I know the right people can do really right things with it, but I'm just not there right now... reminds me of  the days I over-clocked my computer, except I knew what I was doing there - though I really messed up some things several times before getting to that point... and don't want to do that with my Busa! Maybe when it is older and I have something new again, I'll tinker and learn on it. It's still too perfect right now though, ya know?

Pulk, maybe you looked around and saw that you'd only save about $50 not going with a sponsor, so because of a warm fuzzy about contributing to your social network and/or feeling more secure with the sponsors you were able to justify losing/donating the difference. I might have done the same. Maybe.

But again, $75 is just too much for me to give up in the context of this transaction. Donating $75 directly to something worthwhile - pennies in a bucket no doubt.

I wonder if you wished you could have saved $75?

I dunno, maybe if Greg would shave off another $35? What about $25? How much is shipping?

Pulk, maybe you looked around and saw that you'd only save about $50 not going with a sponsor, so because of a warm fuzzy about contributing to your social network and/or feeling more secure with the sponsors you were able to justify losing/donating the difference.  I might have done the same.  Maybe.

But again, $75 is just too much for me to give up in the context of this transaction.  Donating $75 directly to something worthwhile - pennies in a bucket no doubt.

I dunno, maybe if Greg would shave off another $35?  What about $25?  How much is shipping?
As stated if you can get them off of ebay for $650.00 shipped. Thats less than I can get them for. I am all for helping board members out sold over 100 exhaust systems this year to members here. But I can't sell you an item less than I get it for...unless you are going to cover my 30K overhead each month x 12 months. They EBAY people don't have our overhead.
laugh.gif

Pulk, maybe you looked around and saw that you'd only save about $50 not going with a sponsor, so because of a warm fuzzy about contributing to your social network and/or feeling more secure with the sponsors you were able to justify losing/donating the difference.  I might have done the same.  Maybe.

But again, $75 is just too much for me to give up in the context of this transaction.  Donating $75 directly to something worthwhile - pennies in a bucket no doubt.

I dunno, maybe if Greg would shave off another $35?  What about $25?  How much is shipping?
As stated if you can get them off of ebay for $650.00 shipped. Thats less than I can get them for. I am all for helping board members out sold over 100 exhaust systems this year to members here. But I can't sell you an item less than I get it for...unless you are going to cover my 30K overhead each month x 12 months. They EBAY people don't have our overhead.
laugh.gif
I Understand.  Thanks for your time.

$650 shipped though?  On eBay?  For the Yosh R77 CF Slip-Ons?  Where?  I saw them for $850.  Not sure about shipping.

laugh.gif
I Understand.  Thanks for your time.

$650 shipped though?  On eBay?  For the Yosh R77 CF Slip-Ons?  Where?  I saw them for $850.  Not sure about shipping.
If doing slipons you should also look at the Muzzys SS Ovals,beautiful finish and sound.

Yes, I do get a warm fuzzy feeling hehe.  In all honesty, it has less (to some degree) to do with the fact that it's a board sponsor or social network and more about supporting people that I'm comfortable with.  That's not to say your Ebay dealer is bad people, I've had plenty of pleasurable Ebay transactions and I'm sure you will buy with confidence
thumb_up.gif

For me, it's the same basic concept as asking yourself is it worth saving $20 on a $200 chainsaw by buying it at Home Depot with guidance provided by some high school kid that assembles electric grills one week and sales gas-powered appliance the next week, or would you spend the extra $20 with a privately owned mower shop, given the fact that a lot of people have recommended said private shop and you have personally witnessed their beneficial contributions, etc.  I know the circumstances are not exactly the same, I'm just referring in general.  

I hope I didn't offend you (you don't seem to be), I've bought plenty of things with my only real interest in being what is the absolute lowest I can get it for.  Actually, I bought my K8 with price being my main concern!  But I was able to work out a good price with a local dealer and a buddy of mine personally vouched for the sales guy, so the extra couple or three hundred bucks I might have saved buying out of state and having it shipped were justified (to me).  To make things even more confusing, the "other" local dealer I will not buy from, period.  I don't care if they match a low price, or even drop it.  I have personally had bad experiences with them in the past, I know others that have, and I simply choose not to buy from them for that reason.

I guess I sorta stand at some sort of middle ground.  Using my chain saw example, if the shop was firm on $275+ then I'd be heading back to Home Depot for sure!  Either way, you asked for opinions on board sponsors and since I just actually bought a Yosh system from GPW and enjoyed the experience, I thought I'd let you know.  Good luck with your purchase, those cans look sweet  
beerchug.gif

Back