Any interest in Frankenstein Replacement Bolts

cool guys thanks, got a dozen ordered already, i was going to order 30 sets, maybe ill get more with the quick response on these.

no sorry ladies, what he is offering you can NOT get over the shelf or at Lowes. He is offering an a2 303 stainless bolt that is machined to have a step to perfectly fit your tail section like the stock retainer does.

I have check Mcmaster Carr, fastenal and multiple local dealers for something close to what Greg is offering. NO ONE OFFERS ANYTHING OF SIMILAR QUALITY OVER THE SHELF!!!!

I can make the same bolts for about $5 per bolt....then add shipping and you are ballpark what Greg is offering. With my CNC lathe I can do them a bit cheaper if I dedicate time for about 1000 units and spread the cost across the quantity.

Difference here is like snap on tools versus Harbor freight...you get what you pay for.

I might be interested in a couple sets. Let me know when you get them in.

Paid, those look much better than the cheesy ones I got on ebay.
didn't realize anyone else had them, how much were they what do they look like?
I've seen a few posts saying guys "use" their franky bolts. How are they being used? I'm not trying to be funny here, I've just never been able to figure out their purpose.

Smith, here is the pic from the Ebay version. It's actually 4 bolts though. 2 for the tail and 2 for the grab rail. They are $4.95 + $2.75 shipping. Search for "Hayabusa tail bolt kit".

Picture428Small.jpg

I've seen a few posts saying guys "use" their franky bolts. How are they being used? I'm not trying to be funny here, I've just never been able to figure out their purpose.

Smith, here is the pic from the Ebay version. It's actually 4 bolts though. 2 for the tail and 2 for the grab rail. They are $4.95 + $2.75 shipping. Search for "Hayabusa tail bolt kit".

Picture428Small.jpg
they work great with my cargo net.. Just put what you want to carry on the seat and stretch the net over the bolts..

Gary,

Thanks man I appreciate it, I am not making these myself either, just purchasing in bulk from Paul with some other things I buy from him as well. By the time you get them made, ship them from germany and pay paypal or internation money order fees, get them here, paypal fees, and ship them out, have to get something to ship them in as well to ship first class mail it adds up and Im not going to retire off selling these LOL.

Greg

Drop me a pm when you get them. I'll take a set. Will look good with my new body work!
wowold.gif

r8

Glad to see these. I have been looking for someone to make a correct version for some time! Payment sent!

Picture428Small.jpg
they work great with my cargo net.. Just put what you want to carry on the seat and stretch the net over the bolts..
+1 - I use mine all the time with my cargo net. However, when I run with the hump on, it may be nice to 'clean up the lines' by replacing the frankenstein bolts...

I actually went to a hardware store and got extended bolts for touring so my bungees and net hooks don't mar the paint. They work great but look like hell w/o a large seatbag on.

Got it thanks very much
biggrin.gif
Ill let everyone know as soon as i have them and they are shipping out, let me know if you need anything else and i can combine shipping to save you a few bucks.

Greg

Back