Any help would be gratefully recieved?!

mdexy

Registered
Hi everyone!

After having my starter clutch fixed under warranty, more like replaced! I ve noticed the engine seems to be running rough(Lots of engine noise). Also a couple of times the bike as just stopped, not stalled. This seems to happen when I come to an stop at the lights, etc? Looking at the rev counter the needle is hovering under the 1,000 level but appears quite erratic. Moving up and down 100 rpm either way.

As anyone else come across this? Could it be the idle needs tweaking? If it is that where would I find the idle screw? I'm new to the busa, 2 weeks so just finding my way round her?!
By the way she's a 2002 with no-mods.

Thanks for all your help in advance

Mark

Your idle should be at about 1100 rpm. The adjustment is made by the knob just over the oil fill plug. Here's the manual page. Welcome to the board
Jim
idle.jpg

Heh Jim thanks for the prompt reply!
So do you think that could of been the prob? You know, before I had the starter clutch done the idling was OK. What they fettling at?
I ve just sent off for a manual(CDROM) so hopefully I' ll get a bit wiser, yeah right!?

Thanks for the hospitality
Mark

I know my idle had fallen to about 900 rpm and my bike stalled a couple of times. Boost up your idle and see if that helps with the noise and erratic bouncing needle. If not take it back to the dealer and have them look at it again. When the idle is to low the bike does sound a little rough.

That and the clutch is a little noisy when the bike is at idle, out of gear and clutch lever out.

Back