2004 busa idles fast/hanging idle

No Cott,it should stay at the rpm that you set it for,stay at that until turned off. I used to modify it somewhat and use the fast idle as cruise control. :laugh:
Shid you not,it works.
Rubb.
Is there something missing in the handlebar switch housing that should be putting tension on the lever to hold it in place? This fast idle arm is spring loaded on the TB and snaps right back into place. As i said before the previous owner has had this thing all apart and i’ve found a few things . How do i go about adjusting this fast idle mechanism????

20200527_215852[1].jpg

You can adjust with the screw.

I’m at a loss, mine is obviously identical to yours but mine snaps itself shut as soon as i let go of the handle bar lever.
Lever on a cam,not rocket science. I dunno,take it out and see if hanging idle persists. Somebody has hooked up something wrong I'm guessing.
Rubb.

I’m at a loss, mine is obviously identical to yours but mine snaps itself shut as soon as i let go of the handle bar lever.
Lever on a cam,not rocket science. I dunno,take it out and see if hanging idle persists. Somebody has hooked up something wrong I'm guessing.
Rubb.
It's likely that the cable is frayed, or pinched, or bound up in some way. If it doesn't work like it should, take it apart and look at it.

No frays anywhere, cable moves smoothly, i feel im pretty decent at working on cycles have have worked on many & have never seen something like this! I see a spring in the LH handle bar switch beneath the idle/choke lever does it go to something? Like i said before i have no manual so im turning to my old friend hayabusa.org

No frays anywhere, cable moves smoothly, i feel im pretty decent at working on cycles have have worked on many & have never seen something like this! I see a spring in the LH handle bar switch beneath the idle/choke lever does it go to something? Like i said before i have no manual so im turning to my old friend hayabusa.org
Qwik and fast...still working I believe. Manual
Rubb.

I’m pi$$ed now, I point blank do not see anything that would hold the fast idle lever located on the handle bar in place when pulled, my cable moves freely & the arm attached to the throttle body is spring loaded so it naturally turns itself off, how on earth would it hold itself on???? It should work identical to a normal handle bar mounted choke that stays put until pushed off, not this bike, it snaps itself shut, I dont get it!!!

Rubb.
Ok, then what provides resistance to keep the fast idle lever pulled back/on until i close it? My cable works smoothly & the mechanism attached to the TB works smoothly & has a return spring so with nothing to “hold” the lever open it simply returns to off. And there is nothing inside the handle bar switch housing to assist in holding the fast idle on???

I figured it out! I wanted to share because i searched and found i wasnt the only one in history to have had this issue, when i took the LH switch gear apart i noticed a spring setting vertical in the bottom of the switch housing, well that spring indeed is used to hold “resistance” on the bottom of the fast idle lever, however the small piece that sits atop the spring was missing, so i took my dremmel tool & cut the head off of a ziptie & cut/shaped it to the required fitment & wa’la! i have a fast idle lever that stays in place now! Now for the new rubber intake boots to see if that cures my “vacuum” leak like symptoms

Mine moves freely, so much so that it snaps back like the throttle does, is that right? I thought they stayed in place until the operator/rider slides it off just like a normal choke leever.
never mind,, should have read the whole thread

Back